J.S.Bach Allemande from French Suite No. 5 G major

Upload new recordings for evaluation and discussions. Acoustic instruments preferred, although digital is allowed. MIDI or other digitally rendered/manipulated recordings will not be admitted.

Moderators: pianolady, techneut, robert

Postby leonald » Thu Feb 08, 2007 9:41 pm

I really liked the performance of Bach´s French Suite by Tobias. The Glenn Gould-like slow temp in Allemande was extremely good, but here is my understanding about this theme; (the recording is one of the oldest ones in my registry)

Postby Tobias » Thu Feb 08, 2007 9:53 pm

I just wanted to go back to work a bit when I saw your posting and it was too tempting to listen :)
Luckily I did -- your playing is just perfect! I never thought of the piece in that way. It's certainly much more lively in your in interpretation. I still like the more "introvert" style in my Allemand as well. To me, both is possible. That's the nice thing that you can look at Bach from so many sides!! One more thing, your control over dynamics, how you slowly build up and come down again, is admirable...

Site Admin

Postby techneut » Sat Feb 17, 2007 10:02 am

Very nice ! I have put it up the site.
Nothing is always absolutely so -- Sturgeon's law
Chris Breemer

Site Admin

Postby robert » Sat Feb 17, 2007 5:13 pm

Really good and quite different from Tobias (which is also very good). However if you compare to Gould, yours it still a lot slower as it is done in 2:31. The recording I have with Gould is over in 1:47 (Tobias in 3:16).

I guess what you referred to as Glenn-Gould slow is not this particular composition but rather his way of playing some Bach pieces really slow.

Return to “Audition Room”