Piano Society
Free Classical Keyboard Recordings
It is currently Thu Nov 27, 2014 10:28 am

All times are UTC - 1 hour

Post subject: Chopin Waltz, Op.69,No.2
PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2007 6:28 pm 

I'm expecting this one to be complete. I re-recorded it. We'll see.
John

Chopin - Waltz Op.69 No.2
Chopin - Waltz Op.70 No.2

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2007 1:52 pm 
Site Admin

That was a lot better! There was much more style and your heart and soul put into the music. Well done.

As to the recording problems - Are you using an Edirol by any chance? I have one and I don't know how other machines operate, but I found that if you are using the memory card that came with the recorder, it is probably small and when you record as a wav. file, you only get about 5 minutes of recording time. Maybe that's why your recordings were cutting off? You can record as an mp3 file and get much more recording time, or you can get a new larger memory card. I see that your files are 3-- kps (can't remember what it actually said) but that is also taking up a lot of space on your card. You can record on lower numbers and get pretty good sound quality.

my videos: http://www.youtube.com/user/monicapiano
my personal website: http://www.monicaalianello.com

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2007 8:46 am 
Site Admin

Yes, that is worlds better! :D Now you perform the piece instead of dutifully going through the notes. And make it sound like the most beautiful thing on earth, in a way that people can believe it. Well done !

The 70-2 is good too, though you may want to work on these LH arpeggios which sound a bit clumsy. Nothing else to quibble about, except the ugly edit at 1:09. Surely that could have been done less obtrusive (but I admit that takes a bit or practice and still doesn't always work out).

Anyway, now we have some more good Chopin playing that we can put on the site. Either Robert or myself will take care of that shortly.

Post subject: chopin
PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2007 5:14 pm 

Thanks, Chris, for your suggestions. I have to admit that when you hear an edit, it's because I had to turn a page. I'm terible at memorizing...have to work on that too. I've been playing again for less than a year. I hope to improve my technique and overall playing.

Is there more than one site where you post performances? I sometimes read that you have posted a person's performance, but I can't find it. You once mentioned a "Bulletin Board." Is that another place where you post recordings?

As I've said before, I'm still learning a lot about using this site which I enjoy immensely. I've already listened to hundreds of recordings. I don't know where you and Robert get the time you obviously devote to this site. I certainly appreciate you devotiong to music.
Thanks again,
John

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2007 10:52 am 

techneut wrote:
The 70-2 is good too, ...

The link for 69-2 does not work for me, and there is no link at all for 70-2? :roll:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2007 11:12 am 
Site Admin

MindenBlues wrote:
The link for 69-2 does not work for me, and there is no link at all for 70-2? :roll:

Yes, there is a link for robson's 70-2, and it works - as does the 69-2. I have just checked them both.

Perhaps you need to refresh the page ?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2007 11:15 am 

For me it's the same problem as for Olaf. I tried refreshing the page, but it didn't help.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2007 12:02 pm 
Site Admin

Hmmm.. must be the German ISP to blame here :lol:

But really, I can not see a problem. See screenshot. All 3 Robson Waltzes are there, if you hover the mouse over the 70-2 it displays the URL in the status bar, and if you click it, it PLAYS !

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2007 12:14 pm 

Oh sorry, I my fault -- I was trying to use the link in John's posting. There, the link to 69/2 doesn't work, and there's no link for 70/2, that's what confused me. But I found it now on the componists page, thanks to your picture.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2007 12:20 pm 

Tobias wrote:
Oh sorry, I my fault -- I was trying to use the link in John's posting. There, the link to 69/2 doesn't work, and there's no link for 70/2, that's what confused me. But I found it now on the componists page, thanks to your picture.

Same for me, I tried only the not working 69/2 link in this thread, and mentioned the missed 70/2 link instead checking whether it's on the site.

Yes, I agree with previous posters, that the 69/2 recording is MUCH better than the first attempt. Now I feel the melody of that lovely waltz, and also the gaps between the phrases. Really good work!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2007 12:56 pm 
Site Admin

Oh right ! I most always check the links I provide in the Forum. They always work, except in the lone case where I forgot the check it :oops: I have corrected that and added the 70-2 link.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2007 1:01 pm 

Very elegant playing of both waltzes, John! (I didn't listen to the first version, so I can't comment on improvements).

Post subject: Very well!
PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2007 3:29 pm 

I see that I am ages later with my reaction than the rest, but I come upon this post because I am studying this wonderful piece (the opus 69 no. 2) right now myself!
It takes a lot of my resources, but I am gradually improving.
You play this piece very well, and in the tempo I prefer.
Hope to be able to play is similar in a few weeks!

Rene Hasekamp