J. S. Bach - F. B. Busoni, Chorale Prelude in g minor

Upload new recordings for evaluation and discussions. Acoustic instruments preferred, although digital is allowed. MIDI or other digitally rendered/manipulated recordings will not be admitted.

Moderators: pianolady, techneut, robert

Postby MindenBlues » Tue Jan 30, 2007 9:49 am

That's perfect played like all your other submissions too. With very good voicing too.

Personally I don't like much that style of rubato on Bach, where you play faster in rhythm on long notes and slower if there are ornaments to play. That's just a matter of taste, but not my taste.

But thank you also for pointing to that piece - I think I will give this beautiful piece a try on the organ. It seems to me that such a piano transcription is a compromise (despite the dynamic possibilites a piano has), because the long notes have a better effect on the organ, (the melody too on a different manual).

Site Admin

Postby robert » Tue Jan 30, 2007 10:47 am

Another quality recording from you side and it is also musically very convincing. And this time in 128 kbps! :D.

Postby Anonymous » Tue Jan 30, 2007 11:08 am

Because transcription is to Busoni, so I didn't play as a Bach style, I played between two personality feelings, Bach's and Busoni's. Your remarks is correct.

Site Admin

Postby techneut » Sun Feb 18, 2007 3:48 pm

I have put this one up the site. A wonderfully burnished and deeply felt performance in the grand romantic tradition.
Nothing is always absolutely so -- Sturgeon's law
Chris Breemer

Postby Anonymous » Sun Feb 18, 2007 4:28 pm

Thank you very much for adding on site, I hope I am not giving extra work for you by adding my performing pieces.

Return to “Audition Room”