Scarlatti-Sonata K.146 - Raffaele Terlizzi, piano

Upload new recordings for evaluation and discussions. Acoustic instruments preferred, although digital is allowed. MIDI or other digitally rendered/manipulated recordings will not be admitted.

Moderators: pianolady, techneut, robert

Scarlatti-Sonata K.146 - Raffaele Terlizzi, piano

Postby neopoiesis » Fri Dec 29, 2006 12:04 pm

Dear Piano Society,
another Scarlatti-Sonata performed by Raffaele Terlizzi.
Ciao and... Happy New Year!
Roberto Carnevale

Scarlatti - Sonata in G Major, K.146(live recording 1984-Siracusa)

Site Admin

Postby robert » Sat Dec 30, 2006 9:07 am

A very good recording indeed! He makes more use of dynamics than what is usually heard (or may be from what I, in my limited experience, have heard) from Scarlatti performances. Also, he has a somewhat detached sound which makes every not perfectly audible. Rhythm and timing is perfect. I cannot come up with anything to niggle about at. You should just lean back and enjoy! :)

Site Admin

Postby techneut » Sat Dec 30, 2006 10:34 am

The sound is flatter and drier than what we are used to nowadays, and less pleasing than in the previous recording you submitted. But a splendid performance indeed ! The alternating forte and piano dynamics are spot-on - I think this may be indicated on the score if it was meant to be played on a 2-clavier harpsichord. I will put this up the site as soon as possible.

Thanks once more, Roberto, for enriching our Scarlatti portfolio, and a happy and prosperous new year to you too !
Nothing is always absolutely so -- Sturgeon's law
Chris Breemer

Return to “Audition Room”