Scarlatti K96, Raffaele Terlizzi, piano

Upload new recordings for evaluation and discussions. Acoustic instruments preferred, although digital is allowed. MIDI or other digitally rendered/manipulated recordings will not be admitted.

Moderators: pianolady, techneut, robert

Scarlatti K96, Raffaele Terlizzi, piano

Postby neopoiesis » Mon Dec 11, 2006 5:40 pm

Dear Piano Society,
to enlarge the Scarlatti-Sonatas Corpus, I’m pleased to introduce to you another italian pianist, and my good friend: RAFFAELE TERLIZZI. He gave me some his ‘live’ recordings; now, I offer them to you. Ciao, Roberto.
1) Scarlatti-Sonata in D major K.96, Raffaele Terlizzi, piano (December 1982: ‘Città di Messina’ Piano Competition, Sala Laudamo, Messina-Italy).

Admin edit: Replaced attachment with live link : Scarlatti-Sonata in D major K.96

Site Admin

Postby robert » Tue Dec 12, 2006 5:44 am

Extremely good and truly captures the spirit of the happy and cheerful Scarlatti. He also plays in a difficult way with a lot of detached and staccato notes which takes a very good technique to get right.

Site Admin

Postby techneut » Tue Dec 12, 2006 8:48 pm

Amazing playing indeed, technically speaking. Repeated notes like bursts of morse code ! The calmer passages are done with real feeling and style, but the fast passages sound rather rattled off.
The trills at the end are way too long for my taste, but that could be a style I an not familiar with.

It is clear there is a real Scarlatti tradition in Italy. How come we hear so little of all these splendid pianists !?
Nothing is always absolutely so -- Sturgeon's law
Chris Breemer

Postby MindenBlues » Wed Dec 13, 2006 11:01 am

Admirable technical capabilities, what let sound those Scarlatti sonata very interesting!

And this fast repetitions - probably only possible on a grand with repetition mechanic at that speed I guess (that means one could not repeat that fast on Scarlatti's time since this feature was invented in the 19th century by Erard).

Thank you much for sharing!

Site Admin

Postby pianolady » Wed Dec 13, 2006 12:07 pm

Wow. I wish I could trill like that. Very nice!

Return to “Audition Room”