Prokofiev - Sonata no. 5 (original version)

Upload new recordings for evaluation and discussions. Acoustic instruments preferred, although digital is allowed. MIDI or other digitally rendered/manipulated recordings will not be admitted.

Moderators: pianolady, techneut, robert

Prokofiev - Sonata no. 5 (original version)

Postby RichNocturne » Fri Jun 29, 2012 5:49 pm

"The Mind of a composer is that of a tortured soul of Hades---they have no peace, they are never at rest. They search for harmony in a world full of chaos"

Site Admin

Re: Prokofiev - Sonata no. 5 (original version)

Postby pianolady » Sat Jun 30, 2012 4:43 am

Thank you for making the corrections, Richard. These are up on the site now. I'll do your Scarlatti tomorrow.
"Simplicity is the highest goal, achievable when you have overcome all difficulties." ~ Frederic Chopin

my videos:
my personal website:

Postby wiser_guy » Sun Jul 01, 2012 6:14 pm

Very impressed by the performance. Clear phrasing and control show full understanding of what is played. Excellently recorded sound.

Site Admin

Postby robert » Mon Jul 02, 2012 6:57 am

A splendid performance! I enjoyed every second of it and posted a tweet to advertise the recording.

Postby luissarro » Mon Aug 13, 2012 11:08 pm

great playing of Prokofiev's most lyrical sonata!
Luís Sarro

Postby musicrecovery » Thu Oct 04, 2012 2:14 am

Hi RIch,

The tone in the first movement is pearl like, shimmering and introverted when needed. The piano is like an instrument that conveys delicacy and introspection as well as assertiveness through your mastery of this piece.  I do not know the piece but I found your playing to be very beautiful. When you come out with your crescendos it is within the context of all that proceeds. Your blend of intellectualism, sound poetry and feeling is fantastic.

Beautiful job in the second movement. Very controlled feeling and very ballet like too. Bravo. I love the way you bring out the melodies in the left hand. There is a subtle bit of fun in your playing as well.

Very artistic playing in the third movement. Beautiful use of the pedal.

Thank you for sharing your performance.

Kaila Rochelle

Return to “Audition Room”