Scriabin - Prelude Op. 11 No. 1 & No. 10

Upload new recordings for evaluation and discussions. Acoustic instruments preferred, although digital is allowed. MIDI or other digitally rendered/manipulated recordings will not be admitted.

Moderators: pianolady, techneut, robert

Scriabin - Prelude Op. 11 No. 1 & No. 10

Postby rv » Sun Mar 18, 2012 11:37 pm

Hello, haven't posted in a long time!

I've studied No. 10 recently and No. 1 a year ago.... been playing it every other day since then. :)

Recorded from a DP Roland HP-201

Re: Scriabin - Prelude Op. 11 No. 1 & No. 10

Postby pianoman342 » Mon Mar 19, 2012 3:06 am

Hi rv,

I don't know your name so I will just refer to you by your username on the forum :)

I had a listen to both of these preludes by Scriabin. From what I heard, your playing sounds really smooth on both pieces. As far as the digital piano sound, I've heard far worse, this most be a newer model. I once had a cheap casio keyboard that had no touch response, it was no fun to play :(. I don't have the score to this piece but listening back from :37-45 I think you could have really made more of what I believe to be a crescendo. The difference in dynamics from the start of that phrase in the end did not seem as dramatic as it could be.

The second piece is interesting. The opening reminds me of his later c# minor etude (op. 42 no. 5). I enjoyed the forte crescendo at :41 It seems the one advantage of a digital piano is if you play very loud it will not clip if it is recorded through the piano, whereas if you play loud on an acoustic you run the risk of distorting the sound. The c# sharp at the end has a nice sustain. I think I can hear it till the end.

Enjoyed listening to your recordings of these Scriabin preludes,

"I don't know what music is, but I know it when I hear it." - Alan Schuyler
Riley Tucker

Site Admin

Postby techneut » Mon Mar 19, 2012 9:58 am

I know you posted some Scriabin before, but have no idea who you are either. Never mind, this is very good playing. Maybe you should be a bit more careful with the pedal in some places. As digital recordings go, these don't sound at all bad. I thought I heard a wrong chord at 0:39 in the second piece, can you check that ? Could be I've always played it wrong.
Nothing is always absolutely so -- Sturgeon's law
Chris Breemer

Postby rv » Fri Mar 23, 2012 7:34 pm

Yeah I'm not an active member here, I'm usually on pianoworld.
But thanks for listening and giving feedback. Appreciated!
I want to visit and post some more from now.

Ps. the chord at 0:39 should be right. It's g#, d natural, f#, g#

Return to “Audition Room”