Scriabin Nocturne for LH alone, Op. 9, No. 2

Upload new recordings for evaluation and discussions. Acoustic instruments preferred, although digital is allowed. MIDI or other digitally rendered/manipulated recordings will not be admitted.

Moderators: pianolady, techneut, robert

Re: Scriabin Nocturne for LH alone, Op. 9, No. 2

Postby musical-md » Mon Sep 26, 2011 2:40 pm

Thank you.
Eddy M. del Rio, MD
"A smattering will not do. They must know all the keys, major and minor, and they must literally 'know them backwards.'" - Josef Lhevinne

Re: Scriabin Nocturne for LH alone, Op. 9, No. 2

Postby musicusblau » Fri Oct 07, 2011 11:17 am

Hi Eddy,
if you really have played all this only with the left hand and, of course, as a honest person you have done that, that´s a great achievement! I have followed with score and I think, it´s nearly perfectly played.
I remember when I was 15 I have had my right arm in cast for two weeks and I have tried some pieces only for the left hand (I also had played around then a bit in Ravels famous concerto), but this piece I didn´t know until now.
So, thank you very much for having posted this quite virtouso gem! I think there are some quite bulky arpeggios in it, which for my quite small hand would be very difficult to play, but you have mastered them greatly.
I also have recognized the typical sound of a Baldwin, it really remembers me very much of the recordings of David. I think, the sound-quality is high and professional, a true enjoyment to listen to!

Return to “Audition Room”