Piano Society
Free Classical Keyboard Recordings
It is currently Sat Nov 01, 2014 8:40 am

All times are UTC - 1 hour

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2006 2:49 pm 
Site Admin

I print all my papers on the lowest ink setting too and it comes out fine. I know what you mean about being expensive. I just paid $35 for a black cartridge. Only yesterday I found out that some stores are now refilling cartridges instead of replacing them. Not sure what they charge for it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2006 8:05 pm 

[ ]
I sometimes do. It depends on how the page turns fall - sometimes it is no problem - and on how lazy I am (and on whether the damned printer cartridge is not empty once again). Sometimes - if it falls nicely between phrases I can just stop, turn at leasure, continue, and cut the whole mess out later. It's cheating, I know.... But if it's in the middle of something, and I did not copy it, there's no choice but to leave it in - any attempt to edit them out has been fruitless.[/quote]

Chris, its not cheating, its enhencing as long as not touching the music notes.
Since you are high tec in editing, could you show me how you edit out the page turning noise using WAVE PAD or your software. I sometimes gets a bad squeek noise from my seats or my kids noise in the end of recording.....I would like to edit it out (sometimes its very annoying rather going thru the same recording again: but I rather spend time on something else).

Thanks

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2006 7:09 am 
Site Admin

Quote:
Since you are high tec in editing, could you show me how you edit out the page turning noise using WAVE PAD or your software. I sometimes gets a bad squeek noise from my seats or my kids noise in the end of recording.....I would like to edit it out (sometimes its very annoying rather going thru the same recording again: but I rather spend time on something else).

Yes agree, cheating is only when things (notes, dynamics, tempo) are really being changed.

I an not good in editing at all, and give up when it does not come easily. I only attempt cutting out a noise (like a page turn) when it occurs nicely isolated between notes or phrases. You can see the spike in your graphical editor (I use CoolEdit) and just select it with the mouse and delete it. Always helps to zoom in a bit first, as it is difficult to select an 1mm wide region with the mouse. I would assume it can be done like that with Wavepad or whatever.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2006 7:34 pm 

techneut wrote:
Quote:

Yes agree, cheating is only when things (notes, dynamics, tempo) are really being changed.

I an not good in editing at all, and give up when it does not come easily. I only attempt cutting out a noise (like a page turn) when it occurs nicely isolated between notes or phrases. You can see the spike in your graphical editor (I use CoolEdit) and just select it with the mouse and delete it. Always helps to zoom in a bit first, as it is difficult to select an 1mm wide region with the mouse. I would assume it can be done like that with Wavepad or whatever.

Thanks Chris, I tried last night using wave pad...when I remove the spike....its requested "place silence" with tmes(mms), is that the correct way....that also leaves a small "blank" on the frengency graph. Is that reight? Anyway, I also tried the reverb-max at 100. It does" thin" down the sound as compared to original. Do you get the same??

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2006 8:12 pm 
Site Admin

Quote:
Thanks Chris, I tried last night using wave pad...when I remove the spike....its requested "place silence" with tmes(mms), is that the correct way....that also leaves a small "blank" on the frengency graph. Is that reight? Anyway, I also tried the reverb-max at 100. It does" thin" down the sound as compared to original. Do you get the same??

Replacing something by silence does not sound a good idea. It should just be deleted.

Ni idea about your reverb, I use CoolEdit whuch has some good presets.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 25, 2006 6:16 am 

Chris the Polonaise is excellent! Your voicing of the chords is excellent crystal clear and perfectly weighted. I can't recall if the B major trio section is marked faster or slower than the outer sections, I prefer it slower but no matter, your interpretation is excellent. Most enjoyable Chopin playing! :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 25, 2006 7:03 am 
Site Admin

Hey thanks Chase !
Is your version underway yet ? I thought you were planning on this one too ?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 25, 2006 3:51 pm 

Uh, not until the spring at the earliest; I have two big cello sonatas and a bunch of Scriabin and Rachmaninov (maybe Medtner, we'll see) keeping me busy until February; in my spare time, "Woodland Sketches".