Free Classical Keyboard Recordings
It is currently Fri Oct 31, 2014 8:55 am

All times are UTC - 1 hour

Post subject: Chopin Ballade No.4
PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2011 1:10 am 

Recorded live, I think in 2007, or so.

Post subject: Re: Chopin Ballade No.4
PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2011 1:49 am 

Bravo Marik! Really masterful playing of the highest order. Your voicing was excellent. Interpretation beautiful. Control fabulous. Only one learning mistake: you play the 16th note melody of beats 1-3 of bar 149 as if written as a repetition of bar 148 (I have the Paderewski ed.). All in all, I hope to be able to play it as well as you when I add it to my rep in my old age (I play No.1). The silence of the ambiance was also wonderful :wink:. If you're not already listed as a performer here, you certainly should be. Thank you for the beautiful and masterful performance.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2011 10:30 pm 

I thoroughly enjoyed your terrific playing, thank you!
Eddy wrote:
If you're not already listed as a performer here, you certainly should be.

I totally agree.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2011 11:00 pm 

Hi Marik,

What a joy to see you posting some music here again! This performance of the Ballade No. 4 is absolutely superb--one of the most beautiful, moving and exciting renditions that I've ever heard. Your performance in the big virtuosic moments was electrifying. Bravo!

David

PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2011 11:51 pm 

Really absolutely excellent!

PostPosted: Wed Feb 02, 2011 12:11 am 

What a pleasure to hear such a fine perfomance of one of the pinnacles of the piano literature. Fantastic!

PostPosted: Wed Feb 02, 2011 3:27 pm 

Thank you all for your nice words and critics!

As for the inclusion of my recordings to listed performers, because of my every day duties, lately I rarely have chance even to touch piano, let alone practice and perform publically... only maybe once or twice a year, if I am lucky.

Inspired performance of such pieces as Chopin 4th Ballade (as well as many others) can be born only on stage, but because of such rare performing schedule I just don't have chance (or luxury) to make all the corrections into interpretation, mistakes, or other details I am unhappy with (something, which is possible only when you play a piece, say at least 15-20 in a row). I cannot put my real name next to something what I am unhappy with and what (I believe) can be (and should be) improved.

I am perfectly fine with the idea that sooner or later this thread will drop to the bottom of the board and if I am not mistaken, the recording gets erased... the same as with any live performance people attend...

Best, M

PostPosted: Wed Feb 02, 2011 4:28 pm 
Site Admin

Marik wrote:
I cannot put my real name next to something what I am unhappy with and what (I believe) can be (and should be) improved.

I am perfectly fine with the idea that sooner or later this thread will drop to the bottom of the board and if I am not mistaken, the recording gets erased... the same as with any live performance people attend...

I take it you do not desire to be listed as a PS pianist, and in fact want to remain incognito ?

Yes, recordings in AR are erased eventually. There are no hard rules for how soon.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 02, 2011 9:04 pm 

techneut wrote:
Marik wrote:
I cannot put my real name next to something what I am unhappy with and what (I believe) can be (and should be) improved.

I take it you do not desire to be listed as a PS pianist, and in fact want to remain incognito ?

Yes, recordings in AR are erased eventually. There are no hard rules for how soon.

Hello Chris,

As I said, once I am completely satisfied with my recording then I can list it in PS. I don't have any problem revealing my real name (in fact, a few here know it), but on the other hand, don't see what difference it makes.

Best, M

PostPosted: Wed Feb 02, 2011 9:17 pm 
Site Admin

Marik wrote:
As I said, once I am completely satisfied with my recording then I can list it in PS. I don't have any problem revealing my real name (in fact, a few here know it), but on the other hand, don't see what difference it makes.

Whatever you want. It does not make a difference to me.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 02, 2011 11:53 pm 

techneut wrote:
Marik wrote:

Whatever you want. It does not make a difference to me.

Ah, OK. At first it sounded as if there was something wrong with that.

In any case, thanks for taking time to comment.

Best, M

PostPosted: Tue Feb 08, 2011 7:50 am 

Hello Marik,

Your performance is played from the heart with a conceptual unity for the whole. Each section is meticulously given character with the technique fading into the background while the expression bares the poetic nature of the piece. It is indeed played as a Ballade, a story unfolding within the thematic identities t woven throughout the musical plot with great color and perspective.

Congratulations on such an appropriate and flowing idealism tempered by perfect understanding of the musical intent of each section.This is indeed a story that unfolds with emotional literacy.

What can I say except thank you. I have studied this piece but I'm amazed by the attention to detail and the way you choose what to bring out.

Congratulations on such a masterful performance.

Kaila Rochelle

PostPosted: Thu Feb 10, 2011 6:24 pm 

A great performance of this great piece. I enjoyed listening throughout. Loved your dynamics, from very clear pp to raging fortes. You have kept a very consistent attitude all the way to the end which means that either you can focus really well or you know the piece and its sections in comfortable detail. Or both. Anyway, you expose a fine ability dealing with such demanding music. Quite impressive.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 10, 2011 7:03 pm 

I herd this again and I wish to say more. Of course I have heard the piece played many times and this is the only time I nave really appreciated it! This might sound
a bit crazy, but I would say that you have made the piece sound better than it really is!

PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2011 8:14 pm 

Just listened again. Ah, what balm for the soul! What a compostition and with such a high level of artistic expression and execution.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2011 9:02 pm 

Yes, I listened to it several times and this is really a performance of another level...

PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2011 1:17 am 

Wonderful Performance! I really enjoyed this!