Mozart Symphony 25 Piano version

Upload new recordings for evaluation and discussions. Acoustic instruments preferred, although digital is allowed. MIDI or other digitally rendered/manipulated recordings will not be admitted.

Moderators: pianolady, techneut, robert

Mozart Symphony 25 Piano version

Postby mozarta » Tue Dec 28, 2010 11:04 pm

Hi all,

I have just posted a piano version of the Symphony 25 from Mozart if you want to have a look:

Francois de Larrard

Re: Mozart Symphony 25 Piano version

Postby Francois de Larrard » Fri Dec 31, 2010 9:43 am

Hello Mozarta,
Thank you for this submission. Here are my reactions:
- the piece seems very well played, although there could be less pedal. But the tempo is consistent, and the rendition very clean and energic;
- I am less enthusiastic with the arangement (who made it ?). Sometimes it sounds a little "piano-bar", not the good category for great Wolfgang, I think...
- regarding the sound, you could as well make a direct recording from your digital piano (you just need to plug it onto your recorder or soundcard).
"Je préfère ce qui me touche que ce qui me surprend"
François Couperin (1668-1733)

Postby mozarta » Fri Dec 31, 2010 12:21 pm

Salut Francois (I am French too:),

Thx for reacting to my post, I would like to add a few information on this piano version:
-This is my arrangement that I made by ear (I play by ear only and do not read notes) which explains why this version is more a personal cover than a true transcription of the Symphony.
-I did make a direct recording of the piano (otherwise you would have heard my fingers clinking on my 10 years old digital piano:)
Otherwise, nice that you thought the rendition was energic.

Anthony Frankino

Postby Anthony Frankino » Sun Jan 23, 2011 4:03 am

Hahah That was Amazing, out of all the videos on you-tube that I've seen i would have to say that is one of the best. :D Really dig this, ( BTW what keyboard are you using?)

Return to “Audition Room”