Piano Society
Free Classical Keyboard Recordings
It is currently Fri Nov 21, 2014 12:15 am

All times are UTC - 1 hour

Post subject: Bach - WTC - E major and minor
PostPosted: Sun Dec 05, 2010 1:47 pm 
Site Admin

I have redone the E major and E minor pairs from both books today, keeping in mind the valuable feedback I have received here. They may still not be perfect in terms of voicing and dynamics, but at least they are clean and clear, without any apparent flaws (or so I hope). In any case I'll leave these ones behind me now, and move on.

Bach - BWV 854 - Das Wolhtemperierte Clavier I - Prelude and Fugue No.9 in E major (2:51)
Bach - BWV 855 - Das Wolhtemperierte Clavier I - Prelude and Fugue No.10 in E minor (3:38)
Bach - BWV 878 - Das Wolhtemperierte Clavier II - Prelude and Fugue No. 9 in E major (9:54)
Bach - BWV 879 - Das Wolhtemperierte Clavier II - Prelude and Fugue No.10 in E minor (7:57)

Post subject: Re: Bach - WTC - E major and minor
PostPosted: Sun Dec 05, 2010 8:46 pm 

Hi Chris,
I have listened to your re-recordings with great pleasure. These are excellent (though we have different imaginations concerning voicing, but that doesn´t matter)! Very good speed at the end of the e-minor-prelude of WTCI. Bravo! The tempo in e-minor, WTC II is also good now, for the prelude as for the fugue. It´s fine now. You have built-in really nice and creative trills! I think I also should try a version with faster trills. I like the slow end of the e-minor fugue, WTC II. That´s a very good idea and it´s played expressively.
I think, our Bach-dialogue here is really effective, for me and for you! I´m absolutely glad to have a friend like you with the same love for Bachs Well-Tempered Clavier!
I also have improved my recording of e-minor, WTCII, with the help by Didier. Could you replace my old file, please (see my topic).

BTW, next week (on Wednesday) we will have our annual "Adventskonzert" in school. I will listen to your other recordings after this concert, because I have so much preparations and other things to do. But I´m curious, of course!

PostPosted: Sun Dec 05, 2010 9:01 pm 
Site Admin

Thank you Andreas. I think I have incorporated most of your and others' suggestions and now have some recordings I can live with for the time being.
Indeed, the dialog is very effective and continuously helps me improve the recordings. Thanks for that !

PostPosted: Wed Dec 08, 2010 11:21 pm 

Hi Chris, I listened to all of them and I must say I'm very impressed by the natural and beautiful flow of your interpretion. The music and your playing are so beautiful that my stress from today seemingly disapeared during the listening. Ah, life is hard...

PostPosted: Thu Dec 09, 2010 9:38 am 
Site Admin

hyenal wrote:
Hi Chris, I listened to all of them and I must say I'm very impressed by the natural and beautiful flow of your interpretion. The music and your playing are so beautiful that my stress from today seemingly disapeared during the listening. Ah, life is hard...

Thanks Hye-Jin ! It makes me happy to hear that. I don't aspire for my Bach to sound anything more than beautiful and natural (and note-perfect, obviously :wink: ). Some people are more (re)creative and succeed in putting their unique personal stamp on this music. Some make it sound mannered and/or pedantic. Some let the music mostly speak for itself and I guess I am in that category.