Piano Society
Free Classical Keyboard Recordings
It is currently Thu Jul 24, 2014 9:32 am

All times are UTC - 1 hour

Post subject: Re: New submission for audition (Ginastera Sonata No. 1 Complete
PostPosted: Thu Dec 02, 2010 1:54 am 

musical-md wrote:
If you come to my office I will return the favor with a free comprehensive physical exam, rectal included :mrgreen: (but no labs)!

Thanks! But I still prefer to listen to this sonata... :lol:

I used the same kind of plugin like Andreas .

(Andreas, I used Z-noise, which is bit better than X-noise. :mrgreen: )

For the attached one, I did more. Don't know whether it is that audible?

PostPosted: Thu Dec 02, 2010 8:07 pm 

Didier wrote:
Quote:
(Andreas, I used Z-noise, which is bit better than X-noise. :mrgreen: )

Could you tell me, where I can find that in WaveLab, please?

PostPosted: Thu Dec 02, 2010 8:51 pm 

It's this plugin. Not provided with Wavelab. Not so much different from X-noise, which originates from the same company.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 03, 2010 6:41 pm 

Didier wrote:
Quote:
It's this plugin. Not provided with Wavelab. Not so much different from X-noise, which originates from the same company.

Thank you, that´s interesting, but why is it a bit better than X-noise?

PostPosted: Fri Dec 03, 2010 11:36 pm 

It has some features that X-noise do not have. For instance, it can preserve the transients better. See the descriptions given by Waves for X-noise and Z-noise.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 04, 2010 12:24 pm 

Didier wrote:
Quote:
It has some features that X-noise do not have. For instance, it can preserve the transients better. See the descriptions given by Waves for X-noise and Z-noise.

Thank you very much, Didier. If I have understood correctly, the Z-noise has a 5-Band Noise Profile EQ
and an Enhanced low-frequency resolution and time sensitivity and you also can monitor the noise and not only the complete output like in X-noise, right? Is the price really 492 US-Dollars (see this link, please: http://register.waves.com/wavesstore/storemain.aspx#) or have I overseen a decimal point?

I also have the "learning function" in X-noise. I still have tried that out, but I couldn´t hear any difference before the learning and after the learning process. Do you think, it´s an effective function? (Sorry, if my questions are boring for you, but I´m a true layman concerning these things.)

I have another question to you as an expert:
Monica has discovered two little "pop"-noises on my newest Bach-recording (P&F e-minor, WTCII). I can´t hear them in WaveLab, but with other players like VLC-player, Windows Media Player etc. I have recorded my performance with 192 Khz and 24 bit (I always save them on a DVD-Audio). Could the converting process to mp3 have caused these "pop"-noises? If that would be backround-noises in the room, I should hear them also in WaveLab, isn´t it?

PostPosted: Sun Dec 05, 2010 11:45 am 

Indeed this plugin is horribly expensive. This one and even X-noise are not much useful for today digital recording where the noise can be kept very low. The learning function is useful when there are noise only at the beginning or the end of the track so that the plugin can acquire the noise spectrum. In such a case, like here, I always use it. I hear a high frequency loss from your file with respect to mine for the movement that we processed both. However I cannot say that this is because I used the learning and you did not. It may be also due to my noise removal settings being more cautious than your ones.

For your second subject, I answered you in your Bach topic.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 05, 2010 12:08 pm 

Didier wrote:
Quote:
Indeed this plugin is horribly expensive. This one and even X-noise are not much useful for today digital recording where the noise can be kept very low.

I agree, it´s more useful for editing old analog recordings (tapes, gramophones etc..)

Quote:
The learning function is useful when there are noise only at the beginning or the end of the track so that the plugin can acquire the noise spectrum. In such a case, like here, I always use it. I hear a high frequency loss from your file with respect to mine for the movement that we processed both. However I cannot say that this is because I used the learning and you did not. It may be also due to my noise removal settings being more cautious than your ones.

I´m sure your settings must be more professional, because I don´t know too much about the details (I haven´t taken the time to explore them until now, but I will do in future for sure).
If there is noise at the beginning and the end, I always set a marker directly at the beginning of the first wave and put silence in before the music starts, at the very end I also often put silence in respective I use the "fade-out"-function to create a softer ending. But probably all that is very layman-like as I am in these matters.

Quote:
For your second subject, I answered you in your Bach topic.

Thank you so much, Didier! :D