No, I don't mind that you started this thread. I ran out of time yesterday and could not do so myself.
Don´t mention, I know, how this is.
A tempo marking of 58 is fine. And yes to 44.1 khz also.
1. Should I leave the file as a wav file?
Yes, please, post it on rapidshare or on another free hoster as a wave-file, recorded with 44.1Khz, 16 bit.
2. Should I not add any reverb, because you will do that yourself so that we 'match up'?
So it is. I need the absolute "raw", that means unedited file (the only thing you should do are the cuts, which you find to be necessary).
3. Are we still video-recording this too? (will be very cool if it works!)
Yes, as we still have said. I would like to try out some collage/montage-techniques.
4. And if so, then should I send you the entire file (video with my Edirol audio file synced in)?
Send me an only audio-file (wave, 44.1 Khz), recorded with your Edirol, and
the video-tape with the original sound-track of the video-camera, please. (BTW, I also will record me with the built-in mics of my Zoom H4 for having a similar sound-quality as your Edirol.)
5. If we video, should we think about which side to film ourselves? Meaning - do you want my left side to face the camera, which is the way I usually record my videos because I have more room in my room that way. Or I can put my camera on the other side and film my right side, like how you record your videos. Just thinking if we want to show both the same sides of us in the video montage, or if it would be better to show us each different sides. If we do you right side, and me left side, then we can sort of face each other (not really, but if there is a way to put both videos on the screen side-by-side, then we'd be facing each other).
That´s really an interesting question. If we both take our normal side-position, you from the left and me from the right, we can face us each other, if find an option like "screen splitting", which should be possible. On the other hand, if I one of us would change the side (I have not much room on the left, but I can film me also from the left side, just only in a nearer position than you normally do), may be I could try to get the two film-tracks overlay in a way, that it looks really as if we are playing four hands at one piano. I don´t really know, if that is possible. So, here is my suggestion: during the exposition and its repetition I will film me from the left (like you always do) and you go a bit nearer to your grand with your camera, so that the end of your grand can´t be seen. During the execution and reprise I will change my camera angel to my normal position.
That means, that we have to record the whole piece in exact two takes: 1. take: exposition plus repetition (me on the left, you on the left), 2. take: execution + reprise (me on the right, you on the left). For you this means, that you can also record the whole piece in one take, just me, I have to do two takes. What do you think about that?
6. Also, what about clothes (the real important issue
) - do you want to coordinate our colors, like both wear black or red or blue...etc?
Today I carry a yellow shirt. I could keep that back and you also could carry something yellow. That´s my spontaneous idea in this moment.
May be at the end we could wink both with a handkerchief, because it´s the "Symphony of Farewell
"! What about this idea?
7. How soon do you want me to record my part? Since we are doing video (I think) then I have to practice a bit more so that I can go straight through without errors.
For me it would be fine to finish our project during my autumn-holidays, which still rest until 24th of octobre. Do you think, it could be possible for you to record your part until the weekend, so I could record my one on monday or tuesday? (I have relative guests here from Switzerland, the parents of my wife, from thursday on until monday morning.)
So, let´s go and have fun like this dancing cat obviously has