Rachmaninov, Moments Musicaux 5 & 6

Upload new recordings for evaluation and discussions. Acoustic instruments preferred, although digital is allowed. MIDI or other digitally rendered/manipulated recordings will not be admitted.

Moderators: pianolady, techneut, robert

Rachmaninov, Moments Musicaux 5 & 6

Postby Marik » Wed Aug 11, 2010 10:11 am

As the title says it, Rachmaninov, Moments Musicaux in Db Major, and C Major. First experience on stage April 2009.
Last edited by Marik on Fri Oct 22, 2010 7:36 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Re: Rachmaninov, Moments Musicaux 5 & 6

Postby Rachfan » Mon Aug 16, 2010 5:44 am

Hi Marik,

Bravo! Your two recordings here are marvelous. The "Moment" No. 5 in D flat is a gorgeous barcarolle. (Leave it to Rachmaninoff's ingenuity to compose a barcarolle in 4/4 time! But do it he did, and very successfully.) You play this piece very beautifully with thoughtful attention to all of its details, creating many lovely nuances and turns of phrase. I actually prefer this piece to his "Barcarolle" from the Seven Pieces, Op. 10. In my own recording, I believe I play it at a slightly faster tempo than you, but your rendition works ever so well bringing out the sensuous long line of the music.

The "Moment" No. 6 is one of my favorites in Rachmaninoff's oeuvre. It is majestic, lush, ultra-romantic in character, and an exciting finish to the set. Not to mention its virtuosic difficulty. Late Romantic Russian music for the piano doesn't get any better than this. You always etch the melodic line against the dense filligree of the background for the listener. I was riveted to your wonderful performance in this recording (listening to it several times). Your live audience was obviously enthused as well.

Great playing!

"Interpreting music means exploring the promise of the potential of possibilities." David April

Re: Rachmaninov, Moments Musicaux 5 & 6

Postby juufa72 » Thu Sep 02, 2010 6:55 pm

i agree with david
Madam, what makes you think that I play with my hands?

Return to “Audition Room”