Piano Society
Free Classical Keyboard Recordings
It is currently Fri Apr 25, 2014 8:09 am

All times are UTC - 1 hour

Post subject: Re: Schumann Novelette No 4
PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2010 10:54 pm 

OK!

So Ariel, do you have a musical biography and a picture that you can post here? If yes, welcome to Piano Society! :)

David

PostPosted: Wed Aug 11, 2010 3:42 am 

Thanks. I do. Where do I send the bio and photo? Just upload it as a post?

PostPosted: Wed Aug 11, 2010 4:47 am 

Hi Ariel,

Yes people often just post those items here in the forum, and the moderators have a way to move it over to the Artists section.

David

PostPosted: Wed Aug 11, 2010 6:56 am 

OK, I have attached a jpg, and below is my bio. Thank you again.

Ariel Lanyi
I was born in October 1997 in Jerusalem. I began piano lessons just before my fifth birthday. At age seven I played with an orchestra for the first time, and since then I have performed as soloist, with string ensemble, or with orchestra across Israel, including many concerts broadcast live on Israeli radio. In 2008 I played a recital in Paris at the Hotel des Invalides. I also played in recitals in the US, including in New York, Providence, Los Angeles, Chicago, Houston, and Miami. I appeared in several educational and documentary programs on Israeli and British television.
As a jazz musician, I have have performed extensively at jazz clubs and festivals in Israel and in Italy, including the Vicenza and Ravello festivals. The Kadima Collective label has issued two CDs with my music: 31 Bars (2006) and Origami (2007).
I am currently a student at the Coservatory of the Jerusalem Academy of Music, where I study piano and violin. I play violin in the Conservatory's orchestra, and participate in several chamber ensembles, both as pianist and violinist (not at the same time).
What I like most is composing. I am now working on a sinfonietta in three parts for the Conservatory Orchestra, which I hope to be able to conduct.
I have played in master classes with Claude Frank, Murray Perahia, Richard Goode, Jeremy Menuhin, Arie Vardi, Sonia Rubinsky, Ivan Moravec, Andrej Jasinski, Bruce Brubaker, Jonathan Biss, and others.
I play a hudred year old Steinway A (rebuilt) and a violion made in Tyrol in the last year of Mozart's life.
My site is at http://www.arielpiano.com

PostPosted: Thu Aug 12, 2010 9:20 pm 
Site Admin

Hi Lanyi,
I know I am late here, but I also think the sound quality is quite poor, and had I chimed in earlier I probably would have asked for a better-sounding recording. But the subject has been beaten to death already, and the recording has been given the 'thumbs up', so I have taken the liberty of putting it and your bio up onto the site. You obviously are talented and besides that you sure are a cutie! :) (you remind me of one of my sons when he was younger).

So welcome to Piano Society. Feel free to submit more recordings for us (but of good sound-quality!!). However, not too many at one time. A couple at a time is fine, though.

my videos: http://www.youtube.com/user/monicapiano