New Submission: Scott Wollschleger (b.1980) Blue Inscription

Upload new recordings for evaluation and discussions. Acoustic instruments preferred, although digital is allowed. MIDI or other digitally rendered/manipulated recordings will not be admitted.

Moderators: pianolady, techneut, robert

New Submission: Scott Wollschleger (b.1980) Blue Inscription

Postby tania_stavreva » Mon Jul 19, 2010 8:33 pm

I would like to submit this new piano work written by the very young and talented composer, who is also a great friend of mine - Scott Wollschleger (b.1980). I feel a lot of expression, color and Scriabin influence in his music. Here is a program note:

Blue Inscription (2010)

The piano has a special kind of resonance. Notes and harmonies are able to blend together and create a blurry, almost hazy effect. Sounds also have a unique characteristic of fading away on the piano. They will move towards a disappearance, as if to remind us that they are living and will also leave us. When I write for the piano I try to embrace this particular aspect of the piano. My synesthesia is what guided my ear in writing Blue Inscription. From this subjective position, the piece is a little song and a subtle expression. The writing, for the most part, is lean and transparent; this allows us to clearly hear the fading away and blending of notes, like vapors that hover for a moment and then drift away.

I hope that you enjoy the piece!!! This is the composer's web site:

Warm regards,

Tania Stavreva
www sonicbids com/taniastavreva

Site Admin

Re: New Submission: Scott Wollschleger (b.1980) Blue Inscription

Postby techneut » Tue Jul 20, 2010 12:26 pm

Quite sweet, and well-played, but not much substance to justify the slightly portentous blurb. Just my two cents.
Nothing is always absolutely so -- Sturgeon's law
Chris Breemer

Return to “Audition Room”