Piano Society
Free Classical Keyboard Recordings
It is currently Sun Dec 21, 2014 11:48 am

All times are UTC - 1 hour

Post subject: My recordings
PostPosted: Sat Sep 23, 2006 4:14 am 

Here are some of the tracks from my Senior Recital at the University of Kansas(december 2004)
The full CD is available for purchase from my site (http://www.avgusteantonov.com)
My resume can be found on
http://www.avgusteantonov.com/resume.htm

[Admin edit: Bach,WTC- volume 2- #2 attachment deleted, recording is up the site]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 23, 2006 6:45 am 
Site Admin

Hello Avguste,

Fantastic performances, thanks for submitting them.

The Bach is perfect, only one tiny slip in the prelude. I particularly like the fugue, where you bring out the theme very clearly. In both P+F, I find your ritenuti a bit too pronounced. And the trills in the prelude seem to sound a bit different than usual, it's just as if you are leaving out the last note ? I'd be interested to know how exactly you perfrom them.

The Rosse - that is a fascinating piece ! Really dificult to comment on as we have no reference whatsoever, but it sounds like you are immensely concentrated and yet enjoying yourself. This may not be to everybody's taste, but it would be great to have it on the site. However, this being (I guess) a very recent work of a living composer, we cannot have publish it without explicit consent of the composer. Any chance you could get that ?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 23, 2006 2:31 pm 

Thanks for the compliments
The performances were made live.
Bach,I have tried to get it as clear as possible,lol.This while still keeping it in style
As far as the Rosse,that is a negative.The performance you heard was teh US premiere and I have never been able to get hold of the composer,although I have had lessons with him like 10 years ago
I am uploading another modern piece from a composer-friend of mine named Carter Pann.
The piece is called "The Bills" and it was written in honor of Bolcom and Albright.Carter studied with them in Michigan.Carter Pann is now faculty at the University of Colorado-Boulder and I just called him to get his permission for the piece to be on the site.
By the way,can I get added to the site pianists?

EDIT from 9/23/2006 at 2:20pm central:

I just talked to Carter Pann and he is giving full permission to have "The Bills" on the Piano Society site.
If that is not enough and you need a written permission or something,let me know

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 24, 2006 5:18 pm 
Site Admin

I had not heard any of Carter Pann's music, but read good things about his Piano Concerto. Must admit I had expected more of this piece. Very agreeable and accessible idiom, pleasanly whacky in the tradition of Bolcom and Ives, but he seems to spread his sparse material pretty thin. Actually this sounds like two different pieces glued together, each being about twice too long and rather outstaying their welcome. Sounds like he is just happily rambling on without caring much what comes out - I would guess this is not one of his best works ? But again, nice to hear, you did your best for it. I would like to hear more substantial works by this composer.

Yes for sure you can be added to our site ! And thanks for joining. I will take care of that in the coming week. Can you provide some bio information and a photograph ? Your website was not very helpful or perhaps I did not look hard enough. Any further recording plans ?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 24, 2006 6:20 pm 

The Bills was premiered worldwide by Barry Snyder.The recording I posted is the first time i have played this piece.Carter has many piano compositions and The Bills is just one of them.
His Piano concerto and "The Bills"have nothing in common besides the composer and whom he studied with.LOL.I can get you the exact notes about the piece coming from the composer itself.
Future projects are many and they enter in the requierement for Master degree:

1.1st Recital one year from now.Program will include Carter Pann' Fantasy

2.I am hoping I will be able to do Carter's Piano Trio next semester

3.2nd Recital one year from this coming february(approximate) will include other pieces from Carter

4.I am planning on doing a professional recording of Carter's piano music(along with his trio).Details will be provided as more is known

There are or may be more projects,but as of right now,nothing official

As far as bio and pics,on my site,click on resume to see my resume(if you wish,I can message you my official bio).For pics,click on pictures.The pics on my site are the only available I have for now

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 24, 2006 6:43 pm 
Site Admin

Quote:
I can get you the exact notes about the piece coming from the composer itself.

That would be nice. We like to get some information to go with the recordings on the site.

Quote:
There are or may be more projects,but as of right now,nothing official

More specifically I meant if you are planning any other recordings for submitting to our site.

Quote:
As far as bio and pics,on my site,click on resume to see my resume(if you wish,I can message you my official bio).For pics,click on pictures.The pics on my site are the only available I have for now

Your site is extremely slow, almost unresponsive and the two pictures I was able to view are very poor quality. We prefer a bio rather than a list of diplomas and awards so if you could PM that to me that would be good. Thanks in advance.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 24, 2006 9:18 pm 

I will get you all that ASAP
Also,I forgot to mention that the recording of "The Bills" you heard was the Kansas Premiere of that piece