Ernesto Lecuona (1896-1963): Zambra Gitana

Upload new recordings for evaluation and discussions. Acoustic instruments preferred, although digital is allowed. MIDI or other digitally rendered/manipulated recordings will not be admitted.

Moderators: pianolady, techneut, robert

Re: Ernesto Lecuona (1896-1963): Zambra Gitana

Postby hyenal » Sat May 15, 2010 10:06 pm

Hi George, what a wonderful performance! I really enjoyed it. I specially like the sovereign way how you handle this piece. Very masterly!!! Surely your experience in Spain helped you interpreting this piece so well.
And thanks for pics of those beautiful dancers. Usually I'd be more interested in male dancers, but among those dancers in your pics the girls look much more attractive :roll:
Hye-Jin Lee
"The love for music. The respect for the composer. The desire to express something that reaches and moves the listener." (Montserrat Caballé about her main motivation for becoming a singer)

Postby musicusblau » Fri May 21, 2010 11:48 am

Hi George,
wow, that´s really an original spanish feeling while listening to your splendid performance. I didn´t know that piece and I have to say, I enjoyed your playing thoroughly. The excellent recording technique and sound-quality makes it a double pleasure. It´s like listening to a CD. Bravo on the whole line!
I also enjoyed the pictures, I have never seen flamenco dancers in reality, I have to admit.

Postby 88man » Sat May 22, 2010 3:54 pm

Hello Hye-Jin and Andreas, and thank you for your kind remarks. I am very glad that you enjoyed this piece. It was actually by coincidence that I happened to visit the birthplace of Zambra Gitana in my travels a few years ago. Spain is so unique and such a varied land of rich landscapes, history, peoples, cultures, religions, art, music, food, etc... I tried to capture the diversity of through contrasting musical textures in this little piece...
"Nobility of spirit has more to do with simplicity than ostentation, wisdom rather than wealth, commitment rather than ambition." ~Riccardo Muti

Postby Jan » Sun May 23, 2010 1:07 pm

Maybe you found the best way to preserve memories of your tour to Spain - just play some music that really fits...
Thanks for sharing this piece of music, so rich of imaginations!

Return to “Audition Room”