Piano Society
Free Classical Keyboard Recordings
It is currently Tue Sep 23, 2014 9:26 am

All times are UTC - 1 hour

Post subject: Mozart - Sonata
PostPosted: Wed Apr 28, 2010 1:59 am 

This is sonata in B flat major K. 570 - studio recording

Hope you enjoy it!

Mozart - Sonata in B flat major KV 570 - 1: Allegro (4:18)
Mozart - Sonata in B flat major KV 570 - 2: Adagio (8:46)
Mozart - Sonata in B flat major KV 570 - 3: Allegretto (3:50)

Post subject: Re: Mozart - Sonata
PostPosted: Wed Apr 28, 2010 11:43 pm 
Site Admin

Ruben, I accidentally deleted my earlier post here. Basically all I said was that I think you played this sonata very well. I know first hand that studio recordings can have a bit of editing here and there. Is there any on these recordings?

my videos: http://www.youtube.com/user/monicapiano
my personal website: http://www.monicaalianello.com

PostPosted: Thu Apr 29, 2010 12:23 am 

pianolady wrote:
Ruben, I accidentally deleted my earlier post here. Basically all I said was that I think you played this sonata very well. I know first hand that studio recordings can have a bit of editing here and there. Is there any on these recordings?

Hey! I fortunately got to read your previous post. Thanks for the compliments. The note you were asking about...... I do play c flat as shown in the urtext edition, which is based on the autograph score as well as the first edition. There are others which print c-natural, but theyre based on less trustworthy sources, and in my opinion c flat works better harmonically.

There is actually quite a lot of editing, but its not a matter of wrong notes or anything like that. I get quite intense in the studio, and I try to polish everything as much as I can. There were many valuable takes but since you can only choose one for each note, you have to get very picky if you want something sophisticated.
In any case I´ll try to record the concerts I have this next month so you can listen something live.

Also if you look for Ruben Yessayan on youtube you´ll find a few recent live recordings.

Thankyou for listening!

PostPosted: Thu Apr 29, 2010 2:35 am 
Site Admin

I'm glad you saw what I wrote. As to that C-natural or C-flat, I just don't think it could be a C-flat. To me, it sounds very strange - and yes, it's mostly because I've been playing a C-natural all the time. But I just listened to Baremboim, Schnabel, and Eschenbach, and they all play it C-natural like me. My score is a urtext edition too.

my videos: http://www.youtube.com/user/monicapiano
my personal website: http://www.monicaalianello.com

PostPosted: Fri Apr 30, 2010 3:15 pm 

I thought this was an extraordinary recording. Very nice phrasing and agogics.

I always thought the slow part of this piece was hard to play convincingly. You made it seem so easy and natural I thought.

djrubens78 wrote:

Hope you enjoy it!

PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2010 8:42 pm 
Site Admin

I was going to put these on the site but realized we have not added you to the roster yet. Have you already posted a biography and photo Ruben ? I know you wrote a line or two in the Khachaturian thread but we prefer some mor einformation.

PostPosted: Wed May 05, 2010 8:58 am 
Site Admin

Wonderful playing indeed ! I can't think of anything to improve.
These are up on the site. I've use the couple of lines you wrote, but please provide a proper bio and photo (you can post them right here).

PostPosted: Thu May 06, 2010 12:58 pm 

s_winitsky wrote:
I thought this was an extraordinary recording. Very nice phrasing and agogics.

I always thought the slow part of this piece was hard to play convincingly. You made it seem so easy and natural I thought.

djrubens78 wrote:

Hope you enjoy it!

Thankyou! Yes Mozart´s slow movements are of extreme difficulty. Everything has to be in place or it will not work. MOst important is to have a very clear idea in your head of the outcome you want, so the fingers are just the messenger.
Thankyou for listening.

PostPosted: Thu May 06, 2010 1:00 pm 

techneut wrote:
Wonderful playing indeed ! I can't think of anything to improve.
These are up on the site. I've use the couple of lines you wrote, but please provide a proper bio and photo (you can post them right here).

Hey thankyou for the support. Sorry I didn´t get back to you earlier but I had a concert yesterday which was driving me a little crazy! I have to redo my bio in english, so i´ll publish it on this thread as soon as I have it.
I´m very glad you enjoyed it.

PostPosted: Fri May 07, 2010 8:36 am 

I enjoyed your Mozart sonata very much. You seem to have worked on every little detail which is something I really admire.
It isn't easy to play Mozart. One does not have a single corner to hide. Every little flaw would be extremely visible. You have done an excellent job in style, staying away from too much pedal. This sonata should sound happy and uplifting and at the same time the player should exhibit control over each phrase. Lovely performance.

PostPosted: Sat May 08, 2010 5:55 pm 

Hi Ruben, this a commanding performance of this sonata! You render excellent musical control and plenty of rhythmic flair to make for a captivating performance.