Piano Society
Free Classical Keyboard Recordings
It is currently Tue Jul 29, 2014 5:40 am

All times are UTC - 1 hour

Post subject: My first recorded song here - Andante Spianato (Chopin)
PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2007 2:09 pm 
OK this is the first time I tried to record my piece, it has a bit wrong notes - and some weird thing happens in the middel with the recording, but for a split second. I really like this piece, and would like some encouragable criticism please?

Thanks

Chris

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2007 4:02 pm 
Site Admin

Hi,
I like this piece too. But especially the next part- the Grande Polaniaise.
I can tell you put a lot of feeling into this, but in my opinion, just a little too much. I like this to have a more continuing flow, like a trickling stream. That's very personal, I know, so don't worry about it. And the piano was kind of hard to listen to. It needs a tuning badly. Also the squeaky bench noise (?) was distracting.

my videos: http://www.youtube.com/user/monicapiano

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2007 4:09 pm 
Yes, thanks very much! I know about the bench noise - it was a bit distracting. I love the song and definantley the Grande Polonaise Brilliante part... I`ve heard recordings thats a bit more "flowing" as you say, mabey there is a little bit to emotion in it. The piano is being tuned this week :P Thanks for the input

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2007 4:17 pm 

Hi Chris,

if I try to separate the badly detuned piano and that squeaky noise what Monica already mentioned (I need to try very hard, really), I find your playing very well. I would not say it is bad to put all emotions one has into that, I really like your kind of playing. It is a pitty that you have no better piano under your fingers, you would deserve that! But at least that squeaky noise could be eliminated - another stool or a drop of oil could make wonders.

In my opinion, very well played - any chance to let the fury grande polonaise to follow?

( I have seen you responded to Monica as I posted this message, netherveless I let the message at it is)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2007 4:39 pm 
Site Admin

Quite well played indeed, apart from some minor slips and a couple of awkward moments. The rubato is a bit wilful in places - either 'too much feeling' or simply letting things grind almost to a halt for no good reason. But the main problem is the detuned piano and distant recording which make it unsuitable for the site. It is clear though that you love this piece (I used to be totally besotted with it too, long ago) and that you have the talent and ability to play it.

With a bit more polish, a properly tuned piano, and a more direct sound, this will be really good. Of course you'll have to dig into the Polonaise as well now, as the lone Andante Spianato is a bit of a bleeding chunk :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2007 4:31 am 
Thanks very much - my intent with the recording was just to find out some of the problems I thought I had. And yes that blinking piano is definantley gettting a tuning this weak, and its sticking d-note that is driving me crazy! I dont know about the polonaise yet - its above me I think, for now :lol:

Thanks for the input

Chris

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2007 1:26 pm 
Ok - you guys can post more comments and suggestions please... I really want some advice, if any!