Faure preludes

Upload new recordings for evaluation and discussions. Acoustic instruments preferred, although digital is allowed. MIDI or other digitally rendered/manipulated recordings will not be admitted.

Moderators: pianolady, techneut, robert

Faure preludes

Postby dubya » Tue Jun 12, 2007 11:18 pm

Here is another live performance of more Gabrielle Faure. This is a live performance of his 1st and 4th preludes (respectively) Op. 103. Please let me know what think, and as always I hope you enjoy! :D

Fauré - Op.103 no.1, Prelude in D-flat major
Fauré - Op.103 no.4, Prelude in F major
You can find on the outside only what you possess on the inside.

Site Admin

Postby robert » Wed Jun 13, 2007 8:59 am

Excellent performances! I added a couple of words about these preludes on the site when I put them up:
"The preludes of Op.103 is a set of nine beautiful miniaturistic pieces which unfortunately are seldom performed. While each of them are unique, the together form a very personal picture of Fauré and his music."

Site Admin

Re: Faure preludes

Postby techneut » Thu Jun 14, 2007 5:08 pm

dubya wrote:Here is another live performance of more Gabrielle Faure.

Never knew ole Gabriel had a sister :P

Great playing again. Though I think the no. 4 is way too fast and breathless, losing much of its charm. You may remember this piece from his suite Masques et Bergamasques where it appears in its orchestral garb, and it is usually taken quite a bit more leisurely and dance-like.

Having just written that, I checked the score and you are right on the metronome mark. So never mind !
Nothing is always absolutely so -- Sturgeon's law
Chris Breemer

Return to “Audition Room”