Piano Society
Free Classical Keyboard Recordings
It is currently Thu Jul 31, 2014 6:46 pm

All times are UTC - 1 hour

Post subject: Chopin - Etude Op. 10 No. 1
PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2007 9:46 am 
Hi everybody,

In the attachement you'll find a live recording of the first etude of Chopin. It's taped on the same recital as "Avondblauw". The performance is because of my fatigue and nerves sloppy, especially in the end, where I screwed up the beautiful legato line of the top notes in the right hand. But all in all it's OK I think.

Greetings,
Frederic

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2007 9:54 pm 
Not bad for a live recording. Is it hard?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2007 9:55 pm 
You almost lost it for a second but you got it back.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2007 10:15 pm 
I find the piece the hardest oneI practiced till now. The etude is quite strange. If you start practicing you think, a it's ok, I can handle the first page without many problems a tempo. But then you've got another 5 pages of those arpeggio's which keep on getting more and more difficult :evil:. It's just incredibily tiring. I must be totally relaxed if I play it (which wasn't really the case at the concert; I was very very nervous). Because I played only 2 pieces that evening, maybe it wasn't that smart of me to play this ambitious etude. I hadn't enough time to lose the tension.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2007 12:46 am 
Site Admin

Hi,
Anyone who plays through this whole etude is a better pianist than I. And, yes, the sound quality is not so great, and there are those slips near the end, but you did make it to the end. So congratulations on that. You may want to read the information over on the thread in the "repertroire" forum. They talk a lot about strength and stamina on the etudes.

my videos: http://www.youtube.com/user/monicapiano