Piano Society
Free Classical Keyboard Recordings
It is currently Thu Aug 21, 2014 3:30 am

All times are UTC - 1 hour

Post subject: ..
PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2007 9:48 pm 

Last edited by guisong on Thu Jun 07, 2007 2:45 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2007 8:08 pm 

Last edited by guisong on Thu Jun 07, 2007 2:45 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject: Re: Schroeter plays rachmaninnov third piano concerto
PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2007 1:00 pm 

Just listened to your Katrina etude composition. I like the composition a lot!
Also nice idea to play the midi file back with a cursor showing where the machine is in the execution of the file. You should however make clearly that it is a midi file, if this the case (in order to not get confused with the real recordings on PianoSociety).

guisong wrote:
After long time practicing standard repertory (1975-1988), after 1988 I decided use mostly of my time to compose and perform my music - only.

However, I decide do one exception, to contribute to the site with some of my interpetation.

I think that is an uttermost noble gesture to devote endless time and energy (what is needed I expect) to practise a complete Rachmaninoff concerto to get an absolutely flawless result, with the solely aim for a posting on this site - if it would be a real recording.
To me it sounds not like a real recording, instead like a digital keyboard sound, coming from a midi file. It is a digital keyboard, right? Is it also midi based?

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2007 7:38 pm 

Last edited by guisong on Thu Jun 07, 2007 2:48 am, edited 2 times in total.

Post subject:
    PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2007 9:47 pm 

Quote:
    I am not here to prove nothinq, as I am a realized pianist almost finished my career (that I began with 15 years old in 1975 - now I am 47) with ennof recitals and awards, to make me fell that I dont need "piano society" to make my name. I already have one. So, I don't use this forum to prove anythinq.

One little hint: Not all of the people here are submitting their recordings just for personal fame or popularity...

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2007 10:24 pm 

Last edited by guisong on Thu Jun 07, 2007 2:46 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
    PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2007 12:29 am 
    Site Admin

Dear Mr. Schroeter,
    I really don't want to see you get off on the wrong foot, again. I am only speaking for myself, but it just seems like you are submitting too many things for everybody to take in. Everytime I see that you have submitted something, it is more like another whole biography and I skip it. Life on the forum can sometimes go fast, and other times go slow and most often people reply to something that doesn't take up too much time. And you also need to sometimes have a thick skin, which I know isn't easy, but that's the way it is, here. If you want to be friends, you should stop bombarding us with your whole life story. If you submit just one recording of traditional piano playing, and get accepted, then you can have your own place where you can put up all your other things related to your composing. (at least that is how I think the way the forum is run) The moderators will correct me if I am wrong.

my videos: http://www.youtube.com/user/monicapiano
    my personal website: http://www.monicaalianello.com

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2007 12:45 am 

Last edited by guisong on Thu Jun 07, 2007 2:46 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
    PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2007 2:03 am 
    Site Admin

Quote:
    I can put my life story if I wish. This is not a tirany, is a democratic based forum (I thinq)

You already have.
    Quote:
    Please don't come here with your "rules".

What are you talking about?
    Quote:
    I am 47 years old person with 30 dedicated to music.
    I want respect.

Stop barking so much! I am close to your age, as are several other members here. And others are much older and have an even more impressive resume' than you do. You may well have wonderful music that you composed, but with your attitude no one will want to listen to it. Everyone here loves music and has played piano for many years. But in addition to that, some members have other careers in which they excel, and others are students who are still learning about the world of music. Obviously, you think you are a great composer, but a little humility would help if you want people to listen to your works. You need to chill out a bit. Remember, even Mozart didn't always get respect and appreciation for his music until much later.

my videos: http://www.youtube.com/user/monicapiano
    my personal website: http://www.monicaalianello.com

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2007 2:46 am 

Post subject:
    PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2007 6:22 am 

Forgive me, but I have another short thing to add. It could be deliberate, but you forgot to delete one of your postings on the first page:

Quote:
    Dear Mr Robert

I write this letter to you, because you are the only one that I detect have some patience inteligence and capacity to build a dialogue with.

I want say thank you for your welcome and friendship.

Also thanks for all pianists that understood what I wanted do here.

Sincerely want the best to you and for the forum pianosociety.

Respectfully,

Guilherme.

I hope this helps you. :)

Post subject:
    PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2007 7:07 am 
    Site Admin

The thing is that I was going to put some of your compositions up on the site but it takes a lot more time to add a new pianist/composer than to add a recording of a pianist already there. As I work full time (more than full time) elsewhere, people must have patience if I do not act immediately. But from what I understand here, you do not wish to be added as a Member composer on the site anymore.

Chaotica wrote:
    Forgive me, but I have another short thing to add. It could be deliberate, but you forgot to delete one of your postings on the first page:

Quote:
    Dear Mr Robert

I write this letter to you, because you are the only one that I detect have some patience inteligence and capacity to build a dialogue with.

I want say thank you for your welcome and friendship.

Also thanks for all pianists that understood what I wanted do here.

Sincerely want the best to you and for the forum pianosociety.

Respectfully,

Guilherme.

I hope this helps you. :)

Post subject:
    PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2007 11:09 am 
    Site Admin

I think this should now conclude Mr. Schroeter's brief and colorful stint on this forum.

As he clearly stated, he does not need Piano Society, and - although it is always a shame to lose a good pianist and composer - it's not as if we need him either. In a democratic society like this, people get judged primarily by their recordings, and secondarily by what they write (and for a large part, how they write it). We do not judge people by what they say they are.

Clearly, considering Mr. Schroeter's temperament and his tendency to post things and then remove them, this is not going to work, and I propose that we part company here.

Post subject:
    PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2007 10:12 pm 

... ??

Post subject:
    PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2007 10:14 pm 

what's the deal with the ".." responses?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 34 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next