Piano Society
Free Classical Keyboard Recordings
It is currently Thu Nov 27, 2014 8:35 pm

All times are UTC - 1 hour




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 12 posts ] 
Author Message
 Post subject: Chopin-Waltzes op.70 nn.2&3 - R. Carnevale, piano
PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2007 3:05 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Oct 24, 2006 9:20 am
Posts: 57
2 little Waltzes for you...
ciao, Roberto

Chopin - Op.70 no.2, Waltz in F minor
Chopin - Op.70 no.3, Waltz in D-flat major


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Waltzes
PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2007 6:00 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Jan 17, 2007 11:26 pm
Posts: 829
Location: Miami, Florida, USA
Thanks for the very elegant and gracious performance of these two waltzes. They are two of my favorites. I'm going to download these as mp3's to listen to often. Great performance!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2007 6:21 pm 
Offline
Site Admin

Joined: Mon Jun 12, 2006 11:45 am
Posts: 9602
Location: Netherlands
Wonderful performances, total perfection ! Your customary featherlight touch and transparent interpretation are a marvel once again. As in everything you play.

If there is anything at all to have doubts about, it is that you may be slightly underplaying the passion and drama of Chopin. Having said that, better have some understatement than inflating these unpretentious pieces into something they are not.

_________________
Nothing is always absolutely so -- Sturgeon's law
Chris Breemer


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2007 8:05 pm 
Offline

Joined: Thu Jul 13, 2006 1:03 pm
Posts: 2388
Location: Obamanation, unfortunately...
techneut wrote:
Wonderful performances, total perfection ! Your customary featherlight touch and transparent interpretation are a marvel once again. As in everything you play.

If there is anything at all to have doubts about, it is that you may be slightly underplaying the passion and drama of Chopin. Having said that, better have some understatement than inflating these unpretentious pieces into something they are not.


Whoa :shock: English is my naitive language and I do not even use some of those words (let alone know what they mean)....

I agree with what he said. But sometimes humbling a piece makes it as great. It's in the ear of the listener.

_________________
Madam, what makes you think that I play with my hands?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2007 9:06 pm 
Offline

Joined: Mon Jul 10, 2006 7:02 pm
Posts: 201
Location: Germany
juufa72 wrote:
techneut wrote:
Wonderful performances, total perfection ! Your customary featherlight touch and transparent interpretation are a marvel once again. As in everything you play.

If there is anything at all to have doubts about, it is that you may be slightly underplaying the passion and drama of Chopin. Having said that, better have some understatement than inflating these unpretentious pieces into something they are not.


Whoa :shock: English is my naitive language and I do not even use some of those words (let alone know what they mean)....

Hmm. English isn't my native language, but I also found his vocabulary harder to understand than that of any native speaker in many cases. Where did you learn all those words, Chris?

Still have to listen to the recordings... :oops:

_________________
Check my profile


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2007 1:55 am 
Offline
Site Admin

Joined: Wed Jun 14, 2006 12:38 pm
Posts: 8532
Wow, very nice. 70/3 - I like how you brought out the left hand on the repeats - how you altered all the repeats, actually. And then you added a ritardando that I don't show in my score, but sounded fine.
70/2 - I'm torn between what Chris said about being more dramatic versus more subdued, and I totally loved the sound of your playing here, but just a little more volume would have been nice. Beautiful playing.

_________________
"Simplicity is the highest goal, achievable when you have overcome all difficulties." ~ Frederic Chopin

my videos: http://www.youtube.com/user/monicapiano
my personal website: http://www.monicaalianello.com


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2007 5:19 am 
Offline
Site Admin

Joined: Mon Jun 12, 2006 11:45 am
Posts: 9602
Location: Netherlands
Chaotica wrote:
[Where did you learn all those words, Chris?

I did not think there were any unusual words in this posting !? Nothing that requires a degree in English either. You should read a magazine like Gramophone if you want to learn real funky words.
Just this morning I was reading a particularly illuminating article. Panegyric, veracity, studs-up .... whoa :shock:

_________________
Nothing is always absolutely so -- Sturgeon's law
Chris Breemer


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2007 6:21 am 
Offline

Joined: Mon Jul 10, 2006 7:02 pm
Posts: 201
Location: Germany
techneut wrote:
Chaotica wrote:
[Where did you learn all those words, Chris?

I did not think there were any unusual words in this posting !? Nothing that requires a degree in English either. You should read a magazine like Gramophone if you want to learn real funky words.
Just this morning I was reading a particularly illuminating article. Panegyric, veracity, studs-up .... whoa :shock:

Not in this posting, but sometimes in other ones. I thought it was just me, but when I saw juufa's answer I had to ask. :wink:

_________________
Check my profile


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2007 8:10 am 
Offline
Site Admin

Joined: Wed Jun 07, 2006 6:27 pm
Posts: 1842
Location: Sweden
techneut wrote:
Chaotica wrote:
[Where did you learn all those words, Chris?

I did not think there were any unusual words in this posting !? Nothing that requires a degree in English either. You should read a magazine like Gramophone if you want to learn real funky words.
...and be married to a English woman in...how many years is it Chris? Your English is perfectly understandable and you are a master on variating your posts and seem to have a huge dictionary for superlatives. Also, a great reviewer no my swenglish on the site.

Back to topic.

R. Carnevale, these waltzes are wonderful interpretations both from a musical and technical aspect. A great pleasure and I especially like the 2nd and have listened to both of them many time by now.

They are up on the site.

_________________
Pianist profile of Robert


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2007 10:28 am 
Offline

Joined: Mon Jul 10, 2006 7:02 pm
Posts: 201
Location: Germany
robert wrote:
techneut wrote:
Chaotica wrote:
[Where did you learn all those words, Chris?

I did not think there were any unusual words in this posting !? Nothing that requires a degree in English either. You should read a magazine like Gramophone if you want to learn real funky words.
...and be married to a English woman in...how many years is it Chris? Your English is perfectly understandable and you are a master on variating your posts and seem to have a huge dictionary for superlatives. Also, a great reviewer no my swenglish on the site.

Ah, didn't know that.

Regarding the performances: Absolutely boring to listen to - as a critic... :D These are indeed near-perfect and they went directly into my collection. Just great!

_________________
Check my profile


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2007 10:45 am 
Offline
Site Admin

Joined: Mon Jun 12, 2006 11:45 am
Posts: 9602
Location: Netherlands
robert wrote:
...and be married to a English woman in...how many years is it Chris?

Just over 20 years now. But yeah, that is OT :wink:

_________________
Nothing is always absolutely so -- Sturgeon's law
Chris Breemer


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2007 10:28 am 
Offline

Joined: Mon Jun 19, 2006 5:29 am
Posts: 692
Location: Germany
What for a marvelous keytouch! Your Chopin interpretations are world class, and I admire your ability for creating different tone color shades without the need of striking sound changes.

I can imagine that your playing style comes close to how Chopin played itself - according to what Eigeldinger collected in his book "Chopin as seen by his students", they all said that Chopin was a master in creating different tone colors on the softer side without banging on the keys, combined with very precise keytouch. That is just how your playing sounds to me too.

I also share Monicas relish concerning your different interpretations of certain phrases during repetitions. Makes it even more interesting.

Thank you very much for sharing that!

_________________
Olaf Schmidt


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 12 posts ] 

All times are UTC - 1 hour


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Yahoo [Bot] and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group