Piano Society
Free Classical Keyboard Recordings
It is currently Thu Oct 02, 2014 5:23 am

All times are UTC - 1 hour

Post subject: 2 Short Waltzes - Schubert
PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2007 3:28 am 
Hello guys! Here's my second post, this time two very short waltzes by Schubert. Please comment! ;-)
Thanks

Waltz Op.33 No.14
Waltz Op.33 No.15

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2007 6:16 am 
Site Admin

Beautifully played but I must admit that I do not know these works and do not even know if they are a part of Valses Sentimentals of op.50 or Valses Nobles of op.77. :oops:

Post subject: Schubert
PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2007 2:59 pm 

These are very charming little waltzes which I have never heard. You played them very beautifully. Thanks for sharing them with us.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2007 4:58 pm 
Site Admin

It seems like Schubert wrote hundreds of tiny waltzes like this. They are pretentionless and not 'great' music, but they all have that indelible Schubert mark, that stroke of melodic genius. You play them beautifully, with just the right amound of lilt.

To put them on the site (if that is what you want !) we will need to split them in two tracks. And we will need full details about each piece (name, D. number, index in the set, etc) as well as your biography and photo.

Post subject: Schubert Waltzes
PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2007 8:19 pm 
Yeah, he wrote several little waltzes, but I like them and they are very charming! ;-D Those two are from Op. 33 and they are n. 14 and n.15

It would be nice to put them in the website, so more people could listen to these interesting little works by F. Schubert. ;-)

Here's my short biography:
"Aline Giampietro Fletcher was born in 1984, Brazil, and since a very early childhood she started showing her talents and abilities for music. She started up at the age of four playing the violin, but at the age of five she decide to switch to piano, which it became a great passion. Aline had Miss Joanna Milby Ximenes as her first piano teacher, who contributed to increase her love for music and who she studied with for six years. She gave her first recital at the age of thirteen at the University of Fortaleza, Brazil. Still under Mrs. Ximenes studies, she won the second prize in the Paurilio Barroso Piano Competition on November 1999. However, she stayed away from music for over two years, deciding to pursue a career in Journalism, which she completed two years in College. Fortunately, she gave up of been a Journalist, and restarted her career as a pianist. On December 2002, she graduated with honours from Alberto Nepomuceno Conservatory of Music, Brazil. In the following year, Mrs. Fletcher received a scholarship to study piano at Campbellsville University, KY. Since then, she has given total dedication to music. She has performed in several competitions, concerts and festivals throughout USA and Brazil. She has also been a piano teacher for over ten years, teaching talented students of all ages, levels and styles. Among her piano teachers are Margarida Castelo Branco (Brazil), Maria Helena Barreto (Brazil), Dr. Wesley Roberts (KY), Dr. Janet Bass Smith (KY). She has performed in several master-classes in USA and Brazil under Dr. Paul Rutman, Sonia Carvalho, Girberto Tinetti, Elizabeth and Eugene Pridonoff.

techneut wrote:
It seems like Schubert wrote hundreds of tiny waltzes like this. They are pretentionless and not 'great' music, but they all have that indelible Schubert mark, that stroke of melodic genius. You play them beautifully, with just the right amound of lilt.

To put them on the site (if that is what you want !) we will need to split them in two tracks. And we will need full details about each piece (name, D. number, index in the set, etc) as well as your biography and photo.

Waltz Op.33 No.14
Waltz Op.33 No.15

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2007 4:52 am 
Site Admin

Thank you Aline. I will put them up the site today. Any chance of a photograph to adorn your pianists' page ?

Welcome on board, and we will be looking forward to your next recordings.

Post subject: Schubert
PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2007 4:05 pm 

I never heard these before, but they are charming pieces. You played them well. I can't make any suggestions since I don't know them.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2007 7:40 pm 
Site Admin

These are up the site. Please check for errors.
It would also be nice if you have some text to go on the new page for "Schubert Dances".

Post subject: nicely done
PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2007 1:50 am 

I love Schubert. There's something about his charm that's just so damn filled with nostalgia. You play these beautifully. I'd really like to hear more of them if you get a chance. Nicely done!
-Rich

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2007 1:04 am 

If only technology was easier to understand, I would put the sheet music on the website. But life is unfair, so here is the sheet music:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2007 4:10 pm 
Site Admin

Thanks Julius. I have put the sheets online too.