Prokofiev, Toccata in D minor Op.11

Upload new recordings for evaluation and discussions. Acoustic instruments preferred, although digital is allowed. MIDI or other digitally rendered/manipulated recordings will not be admitted.

Moderators: pianolady, techneut, robert

Postby jlh » Tue May 08, 2007 6:06 am

Live recital recording on 07 April 2005:

Joshua Hillmann, Piano

Well, I noticed you were in need of a recording of this because of recent events... This recording is not as good as Martha's, but see what you think. ;)

I'm relearning this one currently for a competition next month, so comments on technique, interpretation, etc will be much appreciated!

Last edited by jlh on Tue May 08, 2007 7:49 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Site Admin

Postby robert » Tue May 08, 2007 7:41 am

Perhaps not up to Argerich standards but it is really good. A couple of not so even repeated notes but hey, they are very difficult to maintain all the way through. I do not know this pieces from inside out but cannot believe anything but that you did a very good job here.

The recording is up on the site.

Site Admin

Postby techneut » Tue May 22, 2007 5:06 pm

It may be not quite as slick as the Setrak version :P But I actually like it better for that, it has more sense of menace and danger and the few tiny frays rather add to the excitement. This is not a piece that is meant to sound comfortable, I think. Great job.
Nothing is always absolutely so -- Sturgeon's law
Chris Breemer

Return to “Audition Room”