Piano Society
Free Classical Keyboard Recordings
It is currently Tue Sep 02, 2014 8:32 pm

All times are UTC - 1 hour

Post subject: New Pianist Audition: CreationArtist (Matt)
PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2007 7:50 pm 
This is a strange audition, considering I don't have any pieces that are finished and ready unfortunately, so I hope that these snippets should be enough for now until I learn something.

I'm currently learning Davidsbundler, Bach's 13th Invention (A min), Rondo Alla Turca (Almost Done), Pathetique (Almost done.. don't have a recent version yet, though), Jenamy 3rd Mvmt., Mozart's 21st Concerto, and another one I can't think of. Anyway, if you would like to hear something else, or one of the ones above that I'm working on, I'll make a recording. Most likely I will edit this post soon with newer and better versions of the following.

File One:

Mozart - Piano Concerto No. 9 "Jeunehomme/Jenamy" Movement 3 (First two piano entrances).

Notes: The decay on the digital Bosendorfer was set too high and the attack was set too low so, the notes sound weird... sort of like puffs of air. The second piano entrance's piano had to be changed to the midi piano, because I had a lot of trouble getting the Bosendorfer to work.. I was able to fix the trill and the following short phrase, however. I like the first piano entrance a lot (especially the first few bars which I think came out well. The second piano entrance is sort of rough.. I missed a few notes with the Alberti bass while crossing over and the tempo is inconsistent as well.

The orchestral phrases are from a recording (if this is a copyright issue, I'll remove the orchestra, but I don't think there should be a problem.

File Two:

Mozart - Piano Concerto No. 20 Movement 3 (Thirty second phrase).

Notes: I added a little silence at the end, since I didn't realize that after the arpeggios and the following chord there was that long of a pause. Other than that, besides the strange piano decay (which will be fixed soon), I like the way it came out considering I just started playing Concerto 20 three days ago.

File Three:

Mozart - Piano Concerto No. 21 Movement 3 (Short phrase).

Notes: The only bad part about this is it's the low quality Bosendorfer, other than that, I think it came out okay.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2007 2:33 am 

hey,
welcome aboard, I dnt want to be rude or anything. If you got time, its much better if you can do one full complete recordings....just imagine you are doing an audition.... :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2007 2:38 am 
Unfortunately at this point, this is all I have. When I finish Alla Turca, I'll post that immediately. After that, I'll post Pathetique, but for now I'll have to just go with these short clips of concerti.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2007 4:58 pm 
Site Admin

A strange submission indeed ! What are we to make of you playing only a couple of cadenzas ? On the purely technical side you are doing quite well, but it sounds rather uneven and unconfident. You are in turns impatient and cautious and that combination does not work too well. We really need to hear at least a complete movement of something to say more. Something weird happens in the 20-3, some seconds before the end. Sounds like a very rough edit.

What do you mean 'trouble getting the Bosendorfer to work' ? Are they that bad ? :P

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2007 5:50 pm 
It is a bad edit .. I added space since I didn't realize there was supposed to be a two beat pause there.