Piano Society
Free Classical Keyboard Recordings
It is currently Thu Apr 17, 2014 1:34 pm

All times are UTC - 1 hour

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2007 3:45 pm 

juufa72 wrote:
If the rabbit does not return, the hunter knows that the rabbit was scared off.

Basically, if Mr. Setrakian does not respond within 2 or so days and defends his position, we know that he is truly a fake. A genuine person would not run away scared.

Until then....the suspense builds! muahaha

I think your idol is gone. escaped in cave. :lol:

My psychological analysis for this kind motive to duplicate "fake" recordings(if its true up to date) is that Mr. setrak, once tried to be famous or a top concert pianist, but due to serveral faliure in life or suffered a mental break down. and the only way to make himself famous was to "reverse engineer" the music files. using the latest technology. or pehaps, he damaged his fingers??? like Schuman did.

Just like USA did the reverse engineering on the allien technology. Unfortunately, he did too many of them and got caught out. :lol:

Why dnt we contact his web organizer to get a quick respond??

As for Video files....dammm, if this going to be a standard for future....It would leave me out for at 2 years...I need to save up for a dvd panosonic recorder with external an microphone plug.... this could be very time consumming...

Some of us may be too shy to be recorded on video, because I wear no tops :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2007 4:02 pm 

Gee whiz, John!!! I really was just kidding about that bikini thing way back on the "Post your own Picture" part of the forum. What in the world is going on here today at this site? I must have woken up and am in Twilight Zone. First the Setrak thing, and then I read that Monica does her recordings in pajamas, John does his recordings without his shirt, etc. Heaven for me to know there are a few other pianists in this world who are as eccentric as I am. Bless you all!!!
N

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2007 4:32 pm 

Nicole wrote:
Gee whiz, John!!! I really was just kidding about that bikini thing way back on the "Post your own Picture" part of the forum. What in the world is going on here today at this site? I must have woken up and am in Twilight Zone. First the Setrak thing, and then I read that Monica does her recordings in pajamas, John does his recordings without his shirt, etc. Heaven for me to know there are a few other pianists in this world who are as eccentric as I am. Bless you all!!!
N

yes, you are in twlight zone. In summer, if no visitors around. I train with out top on, so as most of time at home. But in winter, just the same unless its super cold.(very rarely in australia).

This idea was from a movie...old one, 20 yeras old...about a piano competition made by USA, one of the scene was a black man(competitor) training....completely naked.... The winner was a lady playing Mozart. I have forgotten the name of the movie. I am sure, some of us have seemed it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2007 4:47 pm 

Well, this reminds me of another fellow - forgot what was his nickname here - who was here posting an almost abnormal amount of good recordings in a very short time, then proved to be a liar from A to Z. Same individual with a new nickname? Another case of similar cheat? It doesn't matter to me. So lamentable and pathetic. :x

I prefer uploading a good recording every once in a while but a real one from myself. 8)

OK, OK, I'll try to record more than once a year. :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2007 4:58 pm 

Also, IMHO if one person is found to have uploaded only one recording that proved to be from someone else while pretending it's from him/her, I would not even bother identify the rest of that person's recordings. I would plainly delete everything and proceed with a ban. Why lose time to find out about the other recordings origin. Call me strict if you want. Of course, opinions may vary. :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2007 5:03 pm 

Cydonia wrote:
Also, IMHO if one person is found to have uploaded only one recording that proved to be from someone else while pretending it's from him/her, I would not even bother identify the rest of that person's recordings. I would plainly delete everything and proceed with a ban. Why lose time to find out about the other recordings origin. Call me strict if you want. Of course, opinions may vary. :wink:

I agree with you totally. we have identified three at least.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2007 8:25 pm 
Hello to all members,
I didn't reply till now, because my piano page closed, thinking I can't post in Audio Room,

First, that demo video is me, my age is 69 years old, the other photo is me at age 60,

I want to apologies to all members for this all error,

During the Lebanon civil war I lost most my recordings and documents by burning my home, some of my recordings was in my car and it's safe,

From 1987 till 1999 I was Director of Ganatchian music College/Beirut,

Because of the war result I had open heart surgery, and my wife became paralyzed by brain surgery, and I am only one who care of her, I can't record any more because I am not working and life is very difficult with me.

For 7 years I am not working staying at home to take care to my wife, any one is free to visit and see her and my suffer.

About adding mp3s, some of are my recordings, and other are downloaded from internet sites for free,

I know it's not right thing to do, but it happen it's my live first mistake and I am very sorry and I apologize to all members.

I know I am not welcome to Pianist page in Piano Society, so I will say good luck to all, and let us be friends.

Best
Setrak Setrakian

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2007 10:14 pm 
Site Admin

I received this information yesterday from one of our members. How do you respond to that?

Quote:
Setrak died last year after suffering for a long time from an
undisclosed illness.

He was a frequent correspondent with MAH's father - both loved unusual
scores - and fairly worshipped his son, declaring him the greatest
living pianist. I attended on of MAH"s recitals in Paris with Setrak
and a friend.

Currently his discography is in preparation by a friend in France.
Whether or not his many recordings will ever see the light of day in
the commercial world again is another question. I believe an "Les Amis
de...." society is in preparation. If I hear any more of a definite
nature, I'll let you know.

In the meantime, I have some of his recordings on LP, but nothing on
CD, alas.

Oh, by the way, he was quite a pianist.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2007 3:42 am 
Site Admin

Setrak, or whoever hides behind the name,

After having submitted fake recordings, there is no reason why we should believe anything of what you are saying. And it was a pretty lame story even before the truth came out.

Cydonia is right, even one faked recording makes everything else irrelevant and will cause you to be banned from the site. It does not matter anymore which - if any - of the recordings are performed by someone named Setrakian, and whether or not such a person actually exists or has existed. Just like it is not relevant whether your sad stories are true or not. There is just no excuse for invading the Internet (not just PS) with pirated recordings.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2007 4:22 am 

@ Robert

May I ask who "MAH" is?

techneut wrote:

After having submitted fake recordings, there is no reason why we should believe anything of what you are saying. And it was a pretty lame story even before the truth came out.

Yes, this story sounds very, very unlikely to me. This may sound naive, but I can't believe a 69-year-old pianist, who has made professional recordings for decades, a tremendous effort as we all know, would steal other artists' work.

Quote:
I know I am not welcome to Pianist page in Piano Society, so I will say good luck to all, and let us be friends.

Anyway, there is no way to maintain a friendly relationship to the user "Setrak", in my opinion.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2007 5:12 am 
Site Admin

Nicole wrote:
First the Setrak thing, and then I read that Monica does her recordings in pajamas, John does his recordings without his shirt, etc. Heaven for me to know there are a few other pianists in this world who are as eccentric as I am. Bless you all!!!
N

It's rather OT in this thread, but I can't resist mentioning that a batch of my recordings from last summer was recorded in swimming trunks. In defence I can say it was extremely hot that day 8)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2007 5:48 am 

As a newbie maybe I'm not in possession of all facts but is it just possible this guy was unaware of the house rules and thought he was doing us favour by sharing other’s performances? I don’t think I’m naïve but I don’t like to see people castigated unnecessarily. Did he actually make false claims?

Anyway, trying to lighten the mood after all this - as a player at the 'lower' end of the ability range (as compared to most on this site) I have been trying to pluck up courage to submit something for audition. It occurs to me that at least I am unlikely to be accused of using somebody else's material – what a compliment that would be!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2007 6:18 am 
Site Admin

Paul wrote:
As a newbie maybe I'm not in possession of all facts but is it just possible this guy was unaware of the house rules and thought he was doing us favour by sharing other’s performances? I don’t think I’m naïve but I don’t like to see people castigated unnecessarily. Did he actually make false claims?

It can well be (and in fact is likely) that people don't read our Terms and Conditons before posting. But he presented the recordings as played by himself, and bowed at all the wooing compliments, and we for sure will castigate and expurgate anybody who does that - whether they did it on purpose or not.

Paul wrote:
Anyway, trying to lighten the mood after all this - as a player at the 'lower' end of the ability range (as compared to most on this site) I have been trying to pluck up courage to submit something for audition. It occurs to me that at least I am unlikely to be accused of using somebody else's material – what a compliment that would be!

Perhaps if you started out saying you are a professor, bla blah, you'd get away with it for a while :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2007 8:31 am 
Dear Chris!

I haven't visited the forum in awhile and I'm quite shocked. Yet, I do hope this is some very exceptionary case. Just sending some love to you and the forum :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2007 8:35 am 

Chaotica wrote:
@ Robert

May I ask who "MAH" is?

techneut wrote:

Yes, this story sounds very, very unlikely to me. This may sound naive, but I can't believe a 69-year-old pianist, who has made professional recordings for decades, a tremendous effort as we all know, would steal other artists' work.

Quote:

Anyway, there is no way to maintain a friendly relationship to the user "Setrak", in my opinion.

I am sorry, but I must respectfully disagree on this point. Who of us here have not done equally bad things at some stages of our lives? Although I am not Christion,I believe in forgivenes of sins. I am impressed by the words "Let him without sin cast the first stone" as well as"Judge not, lest ye be judged". By this I do not mean that one should not judge the ACT --of corse one should, but we should take into account human weaknesses. I am sorry to sound so damed preachy, but PLEASE be a little more charitable! I found his plea for friendship quite moving, and I,for one , offer my friendship, although I can never condone his behavior.
Raymond