Post subject: Beethoven,Sonata No.32 Op. 111
PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2007 11:00 pm 
Beethoven,Sonata No.32 Op. 111, Recorded in 2000

Because of my internet speed, I am sending as 64 Kbps files

Beethoven - Op.111, I. Maestoso. Allegro con brio ed appassionato
Beethoven - Op.111, II. Arietta. Adagio molto, semplice e cantabile

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2007 8:27 am 
very good! i LOVE this sonata, you played it very well.

isnt the first movement maestoso-allegro con brio ed appasionato?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2007 10:11 am 
For sure first movement is maestoso-allegro con brio ed appasionato, my recording engineer fault is and I didn't look at it, also he upload it because I have very slow internet speed, anyway there is score first movement is written Allegro molto.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2007 10:31 am 
oh, ok

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2007 12:16 pm 
Site Admin

I feel that your playing fits very well with Beethoven and this was another example of a world class recording.

The Piano Sonata No. 32 in C minor, Opus 111, is the last of Ludwig van Beethoven's piano sonatas. The work was written in 1821–1822. Like other "late period" sonatas, it contains fugal elements and is technically very demanding.

The first movement, like many other works by Beethoven in C minor, is stormy and impassioned. It abounds in diminished seventh chords, as in for instance the first full bar of its opening introduction.

The final movement, in C major, is a set of variations on a 16-bar theme, with a brief modulating interlude and final coda. The third variation is remarkably jazzy and often referred to as the "boogie-woogie variation", and the last two are famous for introducing small notes which constantly divide the bar in 36 resp. 27 parts, which is very uncommon. Beethoven eventually introduces a trill which gives the impression of a further step, though this extremely technically difficult without slowing down to half-tempo.

The recording is up on the site.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2007 1:00 pm 
Thank you Robert for adding on site, you are very talented in analyzing any music, your brain is a like musical library.

Good luck for future updating Piano Society
Setrak Setrakian

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2007 1:16 pm 
Site Admin

Setrak wrote:
Thank you Robert for adding on site, you are very talented in analyzing any music, your brain is a like musical library.

A brain called Wikipedia :P

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2007 2:36 pm 
Site Admin

techneut wrote:
Setrak wrote:

A brain called Wikipedia :P

Yes that was definitely a quote. I usually put "" around the text when I do that but forgot it this time. But, I could not have said it better so why reinvent things?

The reason I add some text is for educational purpose as I sometimes suspect that some people pay little attention to the composer, the time he lived in, the form and the influences of the work. It is my view that one cannot seriously interpret a composer's music without first reading at least one biographical book. Not everything is in the score and what's in between the lines is of equal importance as the score itself.