Piano Society
Free Classical Keyboard Recordings
It is currently Thu Oct 30, 2014 6:54 pm

All times are UTC - 1 hour

Post subject: Is there a PROPER way to play Fuer Elise
PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2007 2:37 pm 
First, let me say to all of you who responded that I really appreciate your comments and your kind advice. The majority of you seem to agree with me and that makes me feel a whole lot better!

I apologize for not responding sooner but I couldn't find this posting! I put it in the "Repertoire" forum where I thought it should be, but finally found it in the "Audition" forum. As one of you commented, I don't think it belongs here...but apparently somebody moved it.

By the way, my name is Al (the "a" in asf62) and I'm pleased to be in such great company. My next question is going to deal with recording equipment. I have NO idea how you do it these days. All I've got is my old cassette recorder from Radio Shack. Don't think it would quite measure up. Anybody know what forum I should put that question on?

Have a great day everybody!

Al

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2007 10:09 pm 

Nice to have you here, Al! About recording, you can't go wrong with this little gadget. The Edirol R-09.

http://www.amazon.com/Edirol-R-09-WAVE- ... 057&sr=8-1

Pete

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2007 2:50 am 
Hey thanks Pete! Appreciate the tip. I don't know a thing about these gadgets so I've got some homework to do.

One question if I may: Do you recommend using an external microphone with this unit or is the internal one good enough?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2007 11:00 pm 

The internal mic is extremely good. The pocket-sized Edirol is very simple to operate and the sound quality is perfect at the high bit rates.

I recorded the latter two with my Edirol R-09; the 10/1 was (unfortunately as this is my best performance of it to date) was recorded on one of those tiny, cheap mp3 recorders.

You get what you pay for.

Pete