Piano Society
Free Classical Keyboard Recordings
It is currently Wed Aug 27, 2014 8:01 pm

All times are UTC - 1 hour

Post subject: Bedrich Smetana,Piano Trio in G minor Op.15
PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2007 2:44 am 
Bedrich Smetana,Piano Trio in G minor Op.15, Setrak Setrakian Chamber Group Live Concert 1988
I Moderato assai
II Allegro,ma non agitato-Alternativo 1:Andante-Tempo 1- Alternativo 2: Maestoso-Tempo 1
III Finale: Presto

Smetana - Op.15, Piano Trio in G minor

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2007 5:53 am 
Site Admin

Really high quality as usual and this is really a very tragic composition in the most (according to me) tragic key, G minor. Smetana lived some part of his life in Gothenburg in Sweden, very close to where I work. Here is the text I added to the site:

The G minor Piano Trio predates the String Quartets and evokes an even more poignant and tragic time in the composer’s life. It was the death of his eldest daughter Bedriska (Fritzi), then only five years old, on the 6th of September in 1855, that caused the composer to give vent to his grief in the intimacy of chamber music. The Smetanas had endured such loss before. In the first six years of his marriage, he and his wife had four daughters, three of whom died. It was a difficult time for the Smetanas on other fronts as well. The music school they had opened in Prague was a failure and life in their homeland was made increasingly difficult as a result of Smetana’s political activities. The aborted Czech revolution caused the Hapsburg Empire to crack down and make life uncomfortable for Czech patriots. This caused Smetana and his wife to move to Gothenburg in Sweden.

I also added some text about Smetana and Chamber music as a whole.

The recording is up on the site.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2007 6:32 am 
Thank you Robert for this informations and adding on site Smetana's Piano Trio, I know Smetana's tragic live and suffer, any one who listen his music for sure he will fill deadly tragic life, he's one of my favorite Composer.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2007 11:50 am 

Wow, absolutely beautiful! How come I never heard of this Smetana sooner!? I think I need to find a few CDs of his music. Thank you for sharing Mr. Setrakian, it was, and always will be, a pleasure to listen to your recordings.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2007 1:19 pm 
Thanks Juufa72 for compliment, you can find Smetana's CDs from www.amazon.com

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2007 2:29 pm 

juufa72 wrote:
Wow, absolutely beautiful! How come I never heard of this Smetana sooner!?

Heh -- I almost included some Smetana in my piano quiz. Guess this took care of it for me. :-) Looking forward to listening to this.