Piano Society
Free Classical Keyboard Recordings
It is currently Sun Oct 04, 2015 8:35 am

All times are UTC - 1 hour

Post subject: Duets for Students and Teachers
PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2015 6:49 am 

As a piano instructor, I have noticed that there is a lack of four-hand pieces where the primo part is significantly easier than the secondo. To remedy this, I have been writing some pieces for my students where the primo part does not extend beyond a fixed five-finger pattern. I have had success with this in my teaching and now I am looking to share my music with other pianists too. I would like to be able to sell some of my compositions eventually, but for now, I simply want to get them out so that they can be played.

My goal with these duets is to write some music that is simple and fun to play. I consider it a nice departure from the boring “kiddie” books that we have all been subjected to. I would appreciate any feedback or constructive criticism that you might have regarding these pieces. Let me know what you think!

My pieces are available on my website at www.nicholaswallace.net (the service requires that you share my page via social media to download a free copy) or you can email me and I will simply send you the PDF files of the pieces you request. nicholaswallacepiano@gmail.com