Piano Society
Free Classical Keyboard Recordings
It is currently Sat Nov 22, 2014 4:12 am

All times are UTC - 1 hour

Post subject: Beginner playin Beatles
PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2009 11:16 pm 
so im not really a beginner on piano.

i played as a child and have two years of college piano.. but i only learned some scales, the modes, and chords (maj, min, aug, dim, sus2, sus4) in all keys.

but im not a great "player"

ive played guitar for 4 years, and finger dexterity is not a problem..

so i was wondering anyone could recommend some easy Beatles songs for a "beginner" like myself.

and possibly where id be able to find proper sheet music... not fake books. :P

Thanks!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2009 3:49 am 

Well, only certain Beatles tunes really featured the piano/keyboard in any way, and those are the only ones I ever tried to play (Let It Be, You Never Give Me Your Money etc.). I always learned them by ear because generally the sheet music you can get for it is going to be a somewhat watered-down version of the actual tune, especially considering that the piano was almost never used solo for an entire song. Everything was backed up by other instruments. It was always easier for me to just bypass the sheet music process.

So there's really no such thing as "proper sheet music" for Beatles tunes (it's even hard to find "proper sheet music" for Elton John and Billy Joel and Tori Amos). I thought about doing that for a living - making arrangements of popular tunes that are more true to the original than the general run of arrangements that are available. I might still do it if I can get the hang of some good software. Otherwise it would be too tedious for someone as ADD as myself.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2009 7:20 am 
ummmm

ok?

i really just want some easy beatles songs i can play along to to get my hands down so i can add piano to my own songs

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2009 8:08 am 

Have you tried Walmart?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2009 8:09 am 
ll the walmart here doesnt sell anything musical

next to hannah montana and high school musical crap.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 19, 2009 3:45 am 
hippie cune- try yesterday or yellow submarine to start...both translate fairly well to piano, have simple melodies, and can be found free online.

and terez- PLEASE PLEASE do that! Most arrangements I play suck...I always wondered why its so hard to find the ORIGINAL, recorded versions of songs by artists who actually played piano themselves, like joel and john. if there was a book out there like that, i would be the first in line to buy it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 16, 2009 9:50 pm 

yesterday's gorgeous! you should learn that!