Piano Society
Free Classical Keyboard Recordings
It is currently Fri Aug 22, 2014 6:44 pm

All times are UTC - 1 hour

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 347 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21 ... 24  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 25, 2008 8:46 am 
Site Admin

Terez wrote:
Ha, I thought you said 25/12, but I see it was 10/12 now. :lol: I'm sort of scared of 10/12 myself, or certain bits of it anyway.

Chicken :lol:
Watch this, then : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wr9SXtvunwk

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 25, 2008 9:12 am 

techneut wrote:
Terez wrote:
Ha, I thought you said 25/12, but I see it was 10/12 now. :lol: I'm sort of scared of 10/12 myself, or certain bits of it anyway.

That's sick. I don't do feets. :lol: That dude is crazy!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 25, 2008 11:34 am 

Terez wrote:
techneut wrote:
Terez wrote:

That's sick. I don't do feets. :lol: That dude is crazy!

Yes, the ultimate Kitsch.

Alfonso Bertazzi, amateur pianist.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 25, 2008 5:19 pm 

That performance is nuts.

Anyway, the Revolutionary doesn't scare me that much, as I started playing some of it a few years ago (when I first started, I was very overzealous... four months into playing, I played Mozart's K397 flawlessly in a recital, and my teacher praised me for it... gave me a big ego at first, so I attempted the Rev. a week later... That humbled me back down quite a bit, but the two sections I learned, I kept playing for years after.

The Tristesse Etude... I performed it about three years ago (yes, my teacher made me do it a year into playing... killed me... KILLED me :()

But as you can see... a year into music, one doesn't know music theory very well...I had only one semester of music theory, and my history classes hadn't reached the Romantic era yet... I didn't even know who Chopin was except that he was a Pole with a big nose that composed the Revolutionary etude. I didn't understand the middle section, and relied completely on muscle memory for playing it... It was probably the worst performance of the etude that has ever been done. :(

Back to Mozart...

I like his c and d minor fantasies, the 23rd piano concerto, the requiem, and the magic flute... everything else he composed (i've heard most of it... box set with everything, and i've yet to listen to maybe two cd's)... is... well... today's pop-music.... i just get really bored with it and being able to predict each chord progression really bothers me.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 25, 2008 6:36 pm 

Yes, it helps to at least understand the fully diminished 7th chord to play/memorize the middle section of the 10/3. :lol:

So you also use your understanding of harmony to memorize? I do that, and I have always done that, even before I studied theory, but some people I have talked to think that's strange. :?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 25, 2008 8:53 pm 

Terez wrote:
Yes, it helps to at least understand the fully diminished 7th chord to play/memorize the middle section of the 10/3. :lol:

So you also use your understanding of harmony to memorize? I do that, and I have always done that, even before I studied theory, but some people I have talked to think that's strange. :?

I did understand what the chords were... but I didn't know what their function was... I went back to it after my third year of theory and I understood where it Chopin was going. I just need to find the time to get to it. I have so much to work on for my teacher right now, that relearning this piece is a slow process.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 26, 2008 12:43 am 

FYI, mixah, to make sure that your quote tags work, there is a spot in your profile to disable HTML, and there is also a box below each post if you don't wish to make a permanent setting change - this should fix the problem.

The last time I worked on the 10/3, it was after a failed attempt at the 25/12, and the process became mostly an exercise in relaxation - it was very difficult for me to learn to play the virtuoso passage on p.3 without tension in my hands (and because of the position on the keyboard, especially in my right hand), and learning that technique of relaxation made it possible for me to play the rest of the middle section with much more ease than I had managed before.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 26, 2008 1:25 am 

memorizing by chord progression and harmony is the ONLY way I would be able to have memorized Chopin's Barcarolle...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 26, 2008 2:02 am 

Terez wrote:
FYI, mixah, to make sure that your quote tags work, there is a spot in your profile to disable HTML, and there is also a box below each post if you don't wish to make a permanent setting change - this should fix the problem.

The last time I worked on the 10/3, it was after a failed attempt at the 25/12, and the process became mostly an exercise in relaxation - it was very difficult for me to learn to play the virtuoso passage on p.3 without tension in my hands (and because of the position on the keyboard, especially in my right hand), and learning that technique of relaxation made it possible for me to play the rest of the middle section with much more ease than I had managed before.

My BBcode is on in my profile, and I just checked it now again... yeah... dunno.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 26, 2008 7:31 am 
Site Admin

mixah wrote:
My BBcode is on in my profile, and I just checked it now again... yeah... dunno.

Read properly, mixah. It's Always allow HTML that needs to be switched OFF.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 26, 2008 8:40 am 

techneut wrote:
mixah wrote:

Read properly, mixah. It's Always allow HTML that needs to be switched OFF.

awesome. thanks.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 28, 2008 8:26 pm 

learning:
Mozart-Piano Concerto no.26 "Coronation" (complete)
Beethoven-Piano Sonata in D op.10 no.3
.almost done with these 2 so I on my own decided that i really need new pieces
so...
Schumann-Papllions op.2 (much more managable then Abegg for me)
Rachmaninoff-Prelude in D op.23 no.4 (decided that I wanted to play Rach again, I used to hate it so much!!! Thanks to my best friend, his playing motivated me to learn this and it has made it alot easier foe me)

still working on: 3 mvts from Petruskha(plenty of time for this one)

I had to put op.2 no.3 aside just because my L.H really can't trill right now and actually aside from this issue i'm practically done :x

after holidays end I will continue with Mozart Sonata K.310 and probably add a Liszt Etude in. I have also worked on Beethoven's Pathetique so it's time to finish it off!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2009 9:44 pm 

I'm not learning anything right now, save the Quartet from Rigoletto. I am, however, enjoying moments of repeatedly pounding on the keys with my fists and screaching like I was short-changed in the crotch by a size 14 boot.

...stress reliever indeed. :idea:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2009 9:57 pm 
Site Admin

juufa72 wrote:
I'm not learning anything right now, save the Quartet from Rigoletto. I am, however, enjoying moments of repeatedly pounding on the keys with my fists and screaching like I was short-changed in the crotch by a size 14 boot.

I feel relieved to know that you are not going to record that :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2009 7:26 am 

Scriabin's 10 famous wonderfully atonal and fourth based sonatas.
Vers La Flamme.
Alkan Grande Sonata Op. 33-Quatre Ages
Liszt Totentanz Solo
Claude Debussy: Preludes Deuxième Livre: 1. La Puerta del Vino 2. Ondine 3. Feux d'artifice
Scriabin Sonata opus 2 no 19
Chopin Revolutionary Etude
The Well Tempered Clavier Book 1
Rachmaninov Preludes opus 23 no 5
Liszt Grand Galop Chromatique
Beethoven Pathetique
Prokofiev Piano sonata no 4
Debussy Reflets dans l'eau

It will definitely be a little while before i try anything else than this current list. I'm going to be a happy man for a year or two :)

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 347 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21 ... 24  Next