Site Admin

Terez wrote:
Those things make you drool anyway. :lol:

Now there's a pretty picture! :lol: :lol:

my videos: http://www.youtube.com/user/monicapiano
my personal website: http://www.monicaalianello.com

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2007 5:34 am 

Hey Monica...I went to a doctoral piano recital this afternoon, and heard an arrangement of your prelude by Siloti (and also transposed to B minor). It was interesting...

This was her lineup:

Siloti/Bach Prelude
Mozart K 179 Variations on a minuet by Fisher
The Lark (Glinka song arranged by Balakirev)
Debussy L'isle joyeuse
intermission
Mussorgsky, Pictures

The first half of the program was awesome. Really, really awesome. Pictures disappointed, unfortunately...

EDIT: I just realized that it wasn't precisely your prelude that Siloti arranged. It was an earlier version that Bach later morphed into the WTC version. I was wondering why Siloti didn't do anything with the presto section, which is my favorite part. :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2007 10:04 am 
Site Admin

Hey Terez,

It's nice that you get to go to a lot of recitals.

It's been awhile since I have thought about Bach. I have plenty of other stuff I'm working on right now, but someday I should try out another Bach piece. I wouldn't mind another p/f and wonder if there are any slow ones? Although John R once suggested something else by Bach but I can't remember what. Oh, and I think you have suggested one or two or ten other pieces too! :lol:

my videos: http://www.youtube.com/user/monicapiano
my personal website: http://www.monicaalianello.com

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2007 2:34 pm 

pianolady wrote:
Hey Terez,

It's nice that you get to go to a lot of recitals.

Get to go, yes, but "have to go" is a lot more accurate. I've sat through a lot of stuff I otherwise wouldn't have sat through for recital credit. :lol:

Quote:
It's been awhile since I have thought about Bach. I have plenty of other stuff I'm working on right now, but someday I should try out another Bach piece. I wouldn't mind another p/f and wonder if there are any slow ones? Although John R once suggested something else by Bach but I can't remember what. Oh, and I think you have suggested one or two or ten other pieces too! :lol:

I remember the one John recommended cause it's the one I just played for an audition last spring - the WTC I-22 set in B-flat minor. You will luuuuuuuuuuuv the prelude (it's very romantic), and the fugue is that (relatively) easy 5-voice fugue I was telling you about. ;)