additional practice on the digital piano?

Discuss technical aspects of piano playing and recording.

Moderators: pianolady, techneut, robert

additional practice on the digital piano?

Postby Casper89 » Fri Feb 09, 2007 5:09 pm

In the afternoon, I can practice on an upright piano, thats fine. But in the evening, I can only use the digital piano with headphones because the other piano is a bit too loud.......Now I'm asking myself if it would be better for my technic if I don't practice on the digital piano in the evening. I think that everybody who ever practiced on a digital piano knows that it's harmful concerning the technic...But is it so harmful that it would be better to practice three hours on an upright instead of 5 hours with additional practice on an digital piano??

Postby rachmaninoff » Fri Feb 09, 2007 6:21 pm

ofcourse you can practice on digital. on conservatorium in groningen (holland) you have lots of digital piano's in the hall so everyone can play it and you don't have the trouble with to much sound :) I think it's very good.
music is enough for lifetime but lifetime isn't enough for music 'rachmaninoff'

while composing I've got always an picture in my head 'beethoven'

Postby juufa72 » Fri Feb 09, 2007 8:06 pm

but it does alter yout technique (and finger strength) when you play on a semi-weighted key keyboard. When I play on a real piano I play very quietly and some hammers do not even hit the strings. This is because I play 99% of the time on a semi-weighted key keyboard. :x
Madam, what makes you think that I play with my hands?

Return to “Technique”