Facial gestures/moving around

Discuss technical aspects of piano playing and recording.

Moderators: pianolady, techneut, robert

Site Admin

Re: Facial gestures/moving around

Postby pianolady » Tue Jan 11, 2011 5:28 pm

Yes, those are exactly the places where I use the sos. pedal. I had planned on making a recording (video) of this piece today, but now it is not going to happen. Not a good piano day, maybe because I'm having a bad hair day! haha
I'll try again tomorrow. Guess I should hurry up with that shoe....

Seriously, thanks for the input. :) I will be sure to tell if I make any sort of solution for those 'all three pedals' places.
"Simplicity is the highest goal, achievable when you have overcome all difficulties." ~ Frederic Chopin

my videos: http://www.youtube.com/user/monicapiano
my personal website: http://www.monicaalianello.com

Site Admin

Postby techneut » Wed Jan 12, 2011 1:41 pm

hanysz wrote:Organists wear special shoes to play,

I'm not sure that they do. Though obviously there's certain shoes you can't wear when playing the pedals, like shoes with rubber or heavily profiled soles. I have one or two pairs that are a bit narrower than the others which I always use. From what I've seen most organists wear normal shoes. Allegedly Marie-Claire Alain liked performing in stilettos :lol: And if you watch Cameron Carpenter on YouTube he wears Cuban high-heels, which I guess come in handy playing the repertoire he does.
Nothing is always absolutely so -- Sturgeon's law
Chris Breemer

Postby hanysz » Wed Jan 12, 2011 10:37 pm

techneut wrote:
hanysz wrote:Organists wear special shoes to play...

I'm not sure that they do.

OK, I met one organist who has a pair of shoes that he calls his "organ shoes" and uses for playing the organ and nothing else. He told me that his teacher said organists need special shoes. But I haven't met a lot of organists so, as you correctly point out, I should resist the temptation to generalise ;-)

Return to “Technique”