Sustaining long notes on piano

Discuss technical aspects of piano playing and recording.

Moderators: pianolady, techneut, robert

Postby RSPIll » Fri Nov 27, 2009 5:33 pm

mgasilva wrote:
BTW, I downloaded the score to that piece and the score I saw didn't go up to measure 42. Is it an incomplete version or am I missing something here (Like for example repetitions?).

I had the same problem, Marcelo. There appears to be two versions of the set. It is the one in D minor and in some sets it is numbered as no. 4, not no. 5. The Wikipedia info about them explains what happened:,_Op._33_(Rachmaninoff)

Postby hyenal » Sat Nov 28, 2009 5:11 pm

pianolady wrote:We should start a new club called the "Short Pinkies Pianists Club". :idea:

That's a good idea!!! From now on you and I are members of SPPC ;)

And Hye-Jin, I never really thought of this before, but I wonder if when we are a baby, do our fingers grow at the same rate, or do they grow at various rates, and after adolescence you end up with fingers that are a different ratio from one another than when we were young. It's too late for me to check this since my boys are grown, but you can find out yourself with your young daughter. Maybe you can let me know the outcome in about eighteen years. :lol:

OK, I'll check that :D
Hye-Jin Lee
"The love for music. The respect for the composer. The desire to express something that reaches and moves the listener." (Montserrat Caballé about her main motivation for becoming a singer)

Site Admin

Postby pianolady » Sun Nov 29, 2009 6:05 am

hyenal wrote:That's a good idea!!! From now on you and I are members of SPPC ;)

I like that. :)
"Simplicity is the highest goal, achievable when you have overcome all difficulties." ~ Frederic Chopin

my videos:
my personal website:

Return to “Technique”