Piano Society
Free Classical Keyboard Recordings
It is currently Sat Sep 20, 2014 5:03 am

All times are UTC - 1 hour

Post subject: Performance problems
PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2007 6:25 am 
Site Admin

We are experiencing performance problems on the site which you might have noticed. The cause is unknown but I have introduced a quick and dirty fix in the meantime which restarts the web server process 1 time per hour.

Sorry if you are downloading or uploading music and this restart process catch you and your connection is terminated. Please just try again and be patient.

I can assure you that we are working on it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2007 8:03 am 

Have you ever thought of acquiring an own piano society server? I'm not sure but I think such a server will run more stable and perhaps it will be cheaper for piano society to buy a computer and an internetconnection than paying a webhoster money....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2007 9:07 am 
Site Admin

Casper89 wrote:
Have you ever thought of acquiring an own piano society server? I'm not sure but I think such a server will run more stable and perhaps it will be cheaper for piano society to buy a computer and an internetconnection than paying a webhoster money....

Actually, we have our own dedicated server, 2.4 GHz, raided disks etc. running Ubuntu Linux with a 100 MBit/s full duplex unlimited connection. A pretty powerful configuration so to speak but when you have 50 simultaneous downloads or even more at the same time, we will run out of performance no matter. More likely, this is tuning issue either in MySQL (the database) or Apache (the web server). I am checking if I must limit the number of simultaneous apache threads (and child threads) or similar. In worst case, I need to install an optional bandwidth module to Apache and limit the maximum bandwidth for each download.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2007 2:49 pm 
Site Admin

Is anybody having trouble logging on? Lately, I never get connected on the first try. I always have to log in again. And then I can't log off. Have to do it 2 or 3 times. And these past two days, it looks like I have logged off, because it says "log in" on the upper right hand corner. So I click off the page, return a couple hours later, but my screen name is still showing up below - like I have only logged off halfway. :?

my videos: http://www.youtube.com/user/monicapiano
my personal website: http://www.monicaalianello.com

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2007 4:36 pm 
Site Admin

The behavior can be a bite strange if you use more than one browser or if you log in from different composers. I also have to login twice using Mozilla Firefox but not in Internet Explorer. So I quit loging in and out and marked it "Always logged in" instead.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2007 3:18 am 

Never had that problem.I use FireFox and also usually always logged in